Back at it again.. Just got tank will be new offset smoker.. Come inside with pics!

Thanks 4ever3 and Minjin the problem I'm having with the 1/8th inch plate is its flimsiness. Seems like everytime I turn my head it bends out of shape.. and we only have a stickwelder.. switched from 7018 Rod to 6013 to accomadate the thinner metal but its still fighting us every step of the way..

Ok update.. Finally got the boxes for wood and coolers done on the tongue of the trailer.. took it down the highway today and Our swaying problem appears to be taken care of.. It pulled straight and true this morning.. It is getting Sandblasted as we speak! Will be painting it today.. still have some small things to add this weekend.. but for the most part appears to be done! will be adding pics once we get it all buttoned up this weekend!

Well it still isn't fully done.. but I will update with pics We have painted 1 coat on it.. and finally go all of the thermo holes drilled and Covered yesterday.. (still have 4 more to cover today in between the doors.. Leaving work today at 2 to go get it done. Supposed to rain here the rest of the week.. so Today is the day I will get it done and paint it final coat.. and season the inside..

Attachments

• Sandblasted  (3).jpg
    Sandblasted (3).jpg
    47 KB · Views: 453
  • Sandblasted (1).jpg
    Sandblasted (1).jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 451
Rained the night after we painted it.. I was concerned but it appears she was still good..

Attachments

• Painting 1st coat (1).jpg
    Painting 1st coat (1).jpg
    61 KB · Views: 454
This is where she stands now.. 2 more gallons of paint going on this afternoon.. and will fire her up to season..

Attachments

• All temp guages drille and covers Installed (2).jpg
    All temp guages drille and covers Installed (2).jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 456
  • All Temp Guage holes drilled and covers installed (9).jpg
    All Temp Guage holes drilled and covers installed (9).jpg
    44 KB · Views: 452
That's an amazing machine DownHome!!!! You two should be very proud of what you've done!!

Who's in the pic painting? You or your Dad? Either way is a great picture!!

Done long seasoning burn last night.. Going to reseason and throw on some meat tomorrow! Will be adding pics! also installing thermometers..

Got her finished yesterday finally! Or finished enough to take to the family reunion this weekend.. She needs another coat of paint or 2 but I will take her tomorrow 6 hours to McComb, Mississippi. Its been raining here so much that it has made painting her very difficult. We have the thermos and Wooden floors installed (came on the trailer). Ready to load her down with wood and then tomorrow the long ride to sunny weather in Southern Mississippi!

Attachments

• Thermos and Floor Installed!  (9).jpg
    Thermos and Floor Installed! (9).jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 500
  • Thermos and Floor Installed!  (8).jpg
    Thermos and Floor Installed! (8).jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 500
Installed this many Thermos to shorten up the learning curve.. Cooking a lot of Food on Saturday really trying not to burn anything up so the added thermos help me keep track of temps and I just like the way it looks lol

Attachments

• Thermos and Floor Installed!  (10).jpg
    Thermos and Floor Installed! (10).jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 502
  • Thermos and Floor Installed!  (3).jpg
    Thermos and Floor Installed! (3).jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 503
Very happy to have this basically done aside from Repainting on a Dry day..

Attachments

• Thermos and Floor Installed!  (13).jpg
    Thermos and Floor Installed! (13).jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 502
  • Thermos and Floor Installed!  (12).jpg
    Thermos and Floor Installed! (12).jpg
    41 KB · Views: 501
Awesome work DownHome!!! You and your Dad should be very proud!!!

Good luck with the cook Saturday and take some pics if you think of it !

Back