Shirley Fabrication Custom Cover is Here!!

Notorious Q.U.E.

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Howdy Folks!

My Shirley Fabrication custom cover has finally arrived from grillwraps.com (aka Cove Point Covers of Rhode Island). It's made of a waterproof/sunproof breathable material called Sunbrella. There are dozens of colors and I chose Marine Blue to match the US Navy motorcycle flag that Bill Donohue was nice enough to sew into the face of the cover.

There was a delay in production of 2 weeks but, to be fair, he was an excellent communicator and he explained the delays. Additionally, I believe that I was the first Shirley custom cover that he made from just the photos I emailed and the YouTube video of my cooker.

I'm very impressed by the clips at the bottom to help cinch it down in our notorious Colorado wind storms. I also paid extra so more material was sewn allowing the take away shelf to remain in place at all times. The stack is reinforced and the firebox was quite nicely done. Even the flap of material over the zipper was a premium touch so it doesn't freeze shut in the snow.

Without further ado, here are the goods:

Attachments

• IMG_4160.jpg
    IMG_4160.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 594
  • IMG_4222.jpg
    IMG_4222.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 579
  • IMG_4220.jpg
    IMG_4220.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 578
  • IMG_4221.jpg
    IMG_4221.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 574
  • IMG_4223.jpg
    IMG_4223.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 577
Nice NQ. Bill is who I dealt with too. Great guy!

Agree! He seems like good people and I may be a repeat customer this summer/autumn when we finish our backyard and get a ton of furniture that needs to be protected from Colorado's harsh elements.

Reach out to Bill Donohue who you can email off of his website. Fair warning: he's not the lowest bidder but Shirley owners usually aren't going for the cheapest product on the market!

Nice. Congrats. I have one for my LSG from them. They do a good job. Love how easy they are to remove and put back on. Was one of my concerns beings it's a large cover for a big offset. Agree with you on the design quality.

Hmm, I've been covering my large spicewine that is on a trailer with a tarp. Might need to email and get a quote.

I think you'd be thrilled icbateman3!

A spice wine is more rectangular and would probably be easier and quicker for cover production. My Shirley must've been a PITA because the cool touch handles stick out far and he was excellent in accounting for those

Looks like I will take some pictures and some dimensions and send off an inquiry.

I have the same cover from Grillwraps but for by LSG vertical offset. They are not cheap but they are the best in my opinion. Ten Year warranty. +++++

Agree Springram,

I feel like I already sank thousands into the cooker so why not go the distance and get something to protect the investment. I feel like this thing will be around for years and I don't have to worry about it fading, tearing, or rotting. It'll also keep the precious metal underneath well protected. If it's any indication, Colorado cars tend to get beaten down because of the merciless wind/snow/sun that punish metal in these here parts.

Laugh at me now, but when I get an even better super cooker, I feel like having a custom cover will help with resale too!!

Nice Terry! I feel like part of the premium pricing is the First Class service provided by Bill. I would work with him again and feel good telling other people about him.

Nice looks great...... Thanks for making me possibly spend more freakin money.... How long did it take roughly from time of order to the house. Damn you guys are hard on the bank accounts.

Last edited:
Haha!! Pstores, I submitted the order in late March and just got hands on the cover yesterday. Thus, it was a good 2 month lag from time of order to when I took delivery of the cover. Like many things, it was worth the wait. Sure enough, Denver is getting 72 hours of rain which started this morning--right after I donned the cover last night.

Haha!! Pstores, I submitted the order in late March and just got hands on the cover yesterday. Thus, it was a good 2 month lag from time of order to when I took delivery of the cover. Like many things, it was worth the wait. Sure enough, Denver is getting 72 hours of rain which started this morning--right after I donned the cover last night.

These covers are handmade to order. Plus they are USA products, if that means anything to you. Sometimes the best things are worth waiting for just like our cookers.

These covers are handmade to order. Plus they are USA products, if that means anything to you. Sometimes the best things are worth waiting for just like our cookers.

Here , here! Made in USA means something to me!

Here's Follow Up : it's raining cats and dogs here and I caught a window to go outside and snap this picture. It's beading water off the sides like a champion since it's a marine grade cover. If you look on top where cook chamber is there's a little pool of water on top where there's a dimple in fabric--not bad for an inaugural rain storm!

Attachments

• IMG_4227.jpg
    IMG_4227.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 121
Call it cover Pr0n! Some Brethren wanted shots of the zipper and flap over it. Here are shots of it open and closed. As you'll see there's a sheath of fabric and a snap at the corner to truly secure it in bad weather like today. The zipper allows for easy covering and uncovering. Third pic in the series is a shot this morning after 36 hours of rain. The pooling of water on top is reassuring since I know it's not getting to my cooker

Attachments

• IMG_4230.jpg
    IMG_4230.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_4231.jpg
    IMG_4231.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_4229.jpg
    IMG_4229.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 109
Back