THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BBQ Grail

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Okay, I was experimenting today with a new Asian Fusion style MOINK Ball.

I took the officially prescribed smoked MOINK Ball and attempted to bread it with a seasoned Panko bread crumb mixture. In order to get the breading to stick I first dipped the MOINK Ball in Yoshida's sauce and then got a good coating on the MOINK Ball.

But as soon as I dropped it in the hot oil all the panko just floated to the top. Oil was heated to 300 degrees. Any suggestions on what I might do differently next time. I want the panko to work, I suppose I could use a tempura batter, but it's not the flavor I want.

personally, i think 300 it too low. i use peanut oil to fry fish and like to get it to 375 or even a tad higher, say 400, so when u drop fish or whatever you are frying, it will come down some. hotter the oil, the less the food will absorb it.

I think you need a binder of some sort. flour, then into egg/milk wash and then into the breadcrumbs. Only way i have been able to make them stick to anything.

Dredge......flour, egg, Panko?

I think you need a binder of some sort. flour, then into egg/milk wash and then into the breadcrumbs. Only way i have been able to make them stick to anything.

DSC02520a.jpg

Yep, flour, egg, panko is the ticket...​

DSC02520a.jpg

Yep, flour, egg, panko is the ticket...​

Yeah, I don't know much about deep frying (except on Frydays), but this will get er done. For the extra flavor, you could soak then meatballs for a few hours in the asian sauce, pat dry, toss in flour, then egg, then panko. Deep fry at about 350.

rick,
that looks like my walleye!!! :) got more for ya if i can figure out a way to get it to ya.

Back