Moose made me do it

Why Roccbox over Ooni? Asking cuz my Daughter is getting one (Ooni pro unless I convince them otherwise) for their outdoor kitchen.

A few reasons Mike. I wanted a multi fuel oven and Roccbox burns LP and with the optional wood/charcoal pot I can do that. Oonis do too but my reasoning is below. From reading and watching a few videos the Roccbox also recovers real fast in between pizzas. I usually do at least 3 to 6 pizzas so that's key for me. It's also built better from some comparisons I saw between the ooni. Like very well insulated and cool to the touch compared to the ooni. I also like the dome size on the Roccbox as comparable Oonis have a shallower dome. I like a little char on my pizza but from my observations the Ooni seems to burn the top as opposed to charring it.
I was looking at the Ooni 16" multi fuel options and they were sold out so I figured I'll just shop for a 12" oven since I have the Blackstone that gives me larger pies already. Lastly

Lastly Roccbox appealed to me more especially with the Black Friday pricing and deal including the rotating peel and cover thrown in.

Back