Smokers North of the Border(Ontario)

SmokePigTails

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Just wanted to see what other friends who live in the frozen hostile wasteland have decided to go with for pits. Ontario is a 12 hour or more drive to most of the big pit makers, and shipping up here can be expensive and the exchange rate is less than favourable.

I know we can get Humphries up here pretty easily, 270 has many dealers around, and the only stable pitmakers I know are Smokin Canadian BBQ, and Smith Steel.

So what are you running, how did you get it?

Also any opinions from folks close to the border, would be appreciated.

I had a Pitmaker BBQ Safe shipped up here from Houston. Great pit and they did a great job with crate and freight. But that was back when the Canadian dollar was worth more than the US dollar so it wasn't as expensive as it would be now.

Can't help with any other suggestions but Humphrey's and 270 Smokers are both fine insulated smokers, they are designed a little differently so whichever one appeals most to you, can't go wrong with either one.

My buddy has a bubba grills for his food truck business.

I am a Kamado die hard because of the cold winters. I have a 23" and 32" Komodo Kamado shipped from Indonesia. I also have a Traeger timberline 1300 which I upgraded from a pro 34 due to the cold winters. The timberline is double wall steel which will help this winter.

If I ever buy an offset I will drive and pick up and bring home. Made in US grills have cheaper duty then Asian imports

Back