Smoking veggies

Get a bundt cake pan and fill it with veggies then coat with olive oil and season then throw it on the smoker for a while

I did a search and didn't find much.
I have a cook coming up and was notified there were a couple vegetarians.
They only asked for vegetarian baked beans, but being an overachiever, I want to provide something better.
Has anyone smoked broccoli, cauliflower, eggplant......
Just want to provide the best possible service and keep my name on their lips and a top choice for a catering.
Thanks for any advice/input!!!!

Hogsbreath
Lebanon Ohio

Try making Cowboy Caviar

I smoke the corn on the cob.

Thickly slice the onion and smoke that as well as the peppers (go light on the smoke). I have smoked the tomatoes also.

Then try this:
2 (15 oz) cans black beans, rinsed
1 Can of corn - I use 6 ears of smoked corn
2 large tomatoes, chopped
1 large red bell pepper
1/2 red onion, chopped
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro

Dressing
1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
3-4 Tbsp lime juice
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper

Directions

1. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
2. Cover and chill.

This much better the next day.

If you want to cut back on the smoke flavor.Put the veggies in shallow pans and cover foil when you think it has enough smoke. Also I like a milder wood such as pecan for veggies.Thick slices of onion ( 3/8 to 1/2 ) with EVO and top with your favorite hot sauce or a little rub is good also.

I just did whole baby brussel spout. Placed 2 pounds in a 1/2 size hotel pan, coated in EVOO and my SPOG rub topped with chopped raw bacon and smoked for a little over an hour till tender. My smoker runs very clean, the smoke flavor was subtle and they were a hit with the guests and family.

I just did whole baby brussel spout. Placed 2 pounds in a 1/2 size hotel pan, coated in EVOO and my SPOG rub topped with chopped raw bacon and smoked for a little over an hour till tender. My smoker runs very clean, the smoke flavor was subtle and they were a hit with the guests and family.

Sounds great drove through St David yesterday coming from Bisbee back to Tucson. Shame it was day early I could have followed my nose!

Bill when you passed by the Monastery I am due east about 8 miles toward Cochise Stronghold.

Awesome we love that part of the state and we are looking to move down that way when I retire in a few. Next time brother!

Back