Opportunity in SE Ohio

hogsbreath

Knows what a fatty is.
:wacko:Hey all, I don't get on here too much. Usually just do the Pretty Good Barbecue in Dayton. I don't do comps, only cook for friends.
For fun I like to run obstacle course races. One in particular I love is called Mud Guts and Glory. It's run right near Cincinnati Ohio. Most races line the pockets of the organizers with gold. This race raises money bring inner-city kids out to a country camp so they can see there's more to the world and what they think they know. You won't meet more wonderful people than the people at this race. I had shoulder surgery in March and I could not run the race this weekend. So I called my brother, harbormaster and I got a hold a pigman and we when we did some barbecue for the race. My intention was not to make money, but to offer these athletes good preservative free food at a great price. We actually did cover expenses with a little left over. There's two more races this year August 16 and October 25 26th. I will be running on August 16. The director of the race said that harbor, pig and I created a problem. It's going to be expected to have fantastic barbecue at all these races now. Is there anyone who would be interested in coming to Cincinnati to put on some barbecue for some wonderful people? Message me and let me know if you're interested I give you my number so we can call and talk.

Was great to see you and Clark and Maddy. Great cause, people and volunteers. Hope you have luck and finding someone. Looks like a couple off my Disaster team will be joining you in run

As always Roger it was a real treat to see you too.

Can't thank you enough for being there and letting us use that incredible piece of equipment commonly referred to as a Lang 84. What a great pit.

Again the Brethren pull together and feed a whole lot of people a whole lot of great BBQ. I'm tired, but I had an incredible time.

Take it easy Roger. Praying that you will feel comfort in your back and that God will begin a great healing in you. Doctors can be wrong!

Clark as aways it was great to see you and get to spend time with you doing what we enjoy doing. It it great to sit and listen to all those that after they eat come back over to the booth to let you know how much they enjoyed it. It was great to see Maddy she is growing so fast. I feel I owe her a lot she was my legs running for me. I hope you have safe travels driving back home tomorrow and anytime you and Bruce need help you can count on me. Brothers in Smoke.

This is a great opportunity to share your gift of BBQ with others.
I will help and will arrange some pit assistants if needed.
It is a great day with great people.

Hey all, cook went well. Served over 250lbs of pulled pork, nearly 100lbs of brisket, some of which on top of super baked potatoes. Got lots of comments like fantastic, wow, incredible and a couple best I ever had.
Had a wonderful time with Matchlight and introduced a couple new guys to the art of BBQing.
There is another opportunity to do this. Wampum PA on Sep 27th. I will have more info soon.
Anyone interested in joining me, it would be great. This event has the potential to be a neat way for some Brethren to meet.
Let me know if anyone is interested in a road trip.

Glad you had a good cook. Wish I could have been there to help.

Hogsbreath is a good guy. Y'all hook up with him if you can and do this cook.

Ohio cook opportunity pron

Here are some pics from the cook Matchlight and I did last weekend.
Matchlight, my dad, my WONDERFUL daughter and Hogsbreath are in the pics

Attachments

• MGG10.jpg
    MGG10.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 59
  • MGG11.jpg
    MGG11.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 59
  • MGG12.jpg
    MGG12.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 59
  • MGG13.jpg