another SF smoker

tubby384

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
It took awhile to figure out the logistics of getting this smoker to Norcal.Since uship was unsuccessful, I contracted with Thomas at Craters and Freighters. The shipping seemed outrageous, but after seeing what went into packaging, it was worth it. Paul was great to deal with because the cooker sat in his shop for about 3-4 weeks while I shopped around for a shipper. Tyler's welding is some of the best that i've seen. This is a 24x52, insulated firebox with warmer. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• 20141022_225717.jpg
    20141022_225717.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 466
  • 20141022_225646.jpg
    20141022_225646.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 466
  • 20141022_231359.jpg
    20141022_231359.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 466
  • 20141022_232403.jpg
    20141022_232403.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 469
  • 20141022_232322.jpg
    20141022_232322.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 465
  • 20141022_232413.jpg
    20141022_232413.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 465
Gorgeous! Essentially same as mine except I have no warmer. Absolutely love it, the insulated firebox going to be key to keep it going this fall/winter. I didn't go with an ashpan but should have, dumb oversight. You are really going to enjoy it.

My SF fund is still nowhere close to what I want it to be. I can't wait till the day I can be a proud owner of a Shirley Fabrication Smoker like all the other brethren!

It's very obvious to to me that there are a handful of pit manufacturers that really have their s#*t together when it comes to building a top notch product and putting a decent price on it as well. Shirley is definitely one of them and you've got yourself a fine little cooker there pardner.:wink: The cuts, the welds and the design are are as good as anyone's and because it doesn't have a famous name attached to it you paid probably 2/3 of what you would have otherwise!:thumb: Happy for ya' Bro!:clap2:

It took awhile to figure out the logistics of getting this smoker to Norcal.Since uship was unsuccessful, I contracted with Thomas at Craters and Freighters. The shipping seemed outrageous, but after seeing what went into packaging, it was worth it. Paul was great to deal with because the cooker sat in his shop for about 3-4 weeks while I shopped around for a shipper. Tyler's welding is some of the best that i've seen. This is a 24x52, insulated firebox with warmer. Thanks for looking.

Congrats on the successful delivery of the smoker! Logistics are always a major pain point ($$$) living in Hawaii so I feel your pain but its well worth it! And you're now in possession of a true work of art! The SF guys are legit and its obvious they put their heart & soul into their craft. :clap2:

Congrats! I have been eyeing one for several months but the wife keeps giving me the look. She did remind me that in the last 12 months I have bought 2 really nice cookers. I guess its a good thing she forgot about the 3 cheap ones I bought. Maybe next year.:mmph:

Beautiful smoker, congratulations!!
Thomas did quite a job of crating, looks like it arrived in fine shape too!
Paul and Tyler amaze me... I've been around welding all of my life and have not seen anything close to the talent of those two. They are artists!

I'm going to pull the trigger in about two weeks on a SF and Thomas quoted me a price as well. It's good to hear someone near me say it's worth the $$$$!

If you do the math, a crate that size to ship is around 800.00 to California. The crating was on the high side, but the amount of wood, decking screws and care, that smoker will not arrive damaged. I've had other builders that have their own people crate and ship, they charge half as much for crating, but packaging was minimal. I was actually surprised to see everything was wrapped and placed with such care from Craters and Freighters. Waiting for someone on Uship is a crap shoot and freight brokers are scary because of their reputation for bait and switch tactics. If you do decide to go with Thomas, you will get the white glove treatment.:clap:

Back