Just some Gameday Wings & Beans

olewarthog

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Decided to smoke some wings & baked beans for the Clash of the Tigers on the Plains of Auburn. Fired up the Assassin 17 with Kingsford Professional and peach wood from Baxter's Original of Fitzgerald, GA

I love this Assassin gravity feed smoker. The 17 is the perfect size for a backyard cook like me. It has 3 racks & each rack can hold a full size pan. With the included Pitmaster IQ 120, it locks in at your set temp & holds steady.

Marinated the wings in half/half mix of Moore's Marinade & Italian dressing. Dusted the wings with Victory Lane All Purpose then a few shots of squeeze Parkay. I have never done butter batch chicken before, but these were the best wings I have ever cooked. Tender, juicy & flavorful with bite thru skin.

Smoke the wings at 275 for 1 hour in the butter bath. Then for another hour on the rack. Dunked in homemade spicy BBQ sauce & let them go another 15 mins to set the sauce.

Also did a pan of baked beans with my version of Dutch's Wicked Good Beans recipe. Also smoked them for 2 hours at 275

Last edited:
Wings look killer. Nice job. Never have tried the butter thing.

Looks like you nailed that one, brother!

Beans sure look tasty, too.

Turned out awesome!

Back