Curl-A-Dog! Great New Spiral Hot Dog Maker!

silverfinger

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
An old friend of mine stopped by the other day to show me this new product he had made. Its just come out on the market. I thought it was real cool so I decided to post some photos of it.

This is the packaging.
IMG_5341_zpsy4o7jcsc.jpg

IMG_5345_zpsfj2cw8pt.jpg

It comes with two hot dog slicers (one for SM dogs and one for LG) and a skewers to help you pull the dog out easily.
IMG_5349_zpsnt8zwbii.jpg

Put the dog in, close it, slide the skewer through the middle and your done. It took longer to take the photos then it did to curl the dogs. :cool:
IMG_5350_zps4wdhlgqh.jpg

IMG_5352_zpsihxx16t5.jpg

IMG_5356_zpskbxby8ib.jpg

I put the dogs on a skillet outside with some red onions and jalapeños.
IMG_5365_zpsjnmwepbv.jpg

Photo of spiral dog on bun! Look, you can get the mustard IN the dog. :becky: .......................................Harry arm shot. :wink:
IMG_5389_zpslquy7x6e.jpg

IMG_5393_zpsbdczpayy.jpg

One last shot of them on the grill.
IMG_5396_zpsl7kz2hl7.jpg

It was nice how fast the dogs cooked and not only did they cook evenly, they were easy to bite through!
Im very happy with how easy this product is to use and how easy they are to clean. Just toss them in the dishwasher! :thumb:

Oh yea, A huge hit with the kids! :clap2:

neat, we don't eat hot dogs but maybe a couple times a year but this looks like a fun way to cook them

Ray that looks like fun! I'm not a dog eater but will they work ok on brats?
Thanks for posting!

Looks cool to me. Bet the kids did like it. It's different
Thanks okiej!

Much easier to do than this:

NyA7eh.jpg

Glad somebody came up with a quick-release cutter like that !!!!
Thanks buckie! What were they trying to do? :laugh:
Its super fast!

Thanks for posting!

Thanks Jeanie! I believe they will. The yellow one is pretty large and it cuts through the dogs with ease.

AH...haahahahahahahahahaha! I Loooooooooove !!!

I do spirals all the time, soooo cool and thanks for posting!

AH...haahahahahahahahahaha! I Loooooooooove !!!

I do spirals all the time, soooo cool and thanks for posting!

Your welcome! :thumb:

lol I do that with meatballs!! :tsk: :becky:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=149268&highlight=meatballs

008_zps4f56c7ac.jpg

027_zps33c0b669.jpg

Sorry for the highjack Ray! I need to get one of those for brats, thanks!!

Thats amazing Jeanie! When are you going to make a cook book?
You know we would all buy one! :becky:

That worked great. I have never spiralled a dog before, although I have eaten a spiral cut corn dog that was terrific

I wonder if they could do a brat and not smash...maybe if they were a tad frozen ??? hmmmmm Someone please try that and report back to us spiral dog fans. :-D

Thanks for posting!

I wonder if they could do a brat and not smash...maybe if they were a tad frozen ??? hmmmmm Someone please try that and report back to us spiral dog fans. :-D

Just talked to the inventor group about whether or not the "Curl-A Dog" will cut through a brat.

They said,
"The skin on the brat is to thick so at this time the answer is no".

Fwismoker,
You suggested getting them a tad frozen.
I might have to try that this weekend! Great idea! :thumb:

silver I'm gonna get one and try partial freezing like you do before you slice for beef jerky.

Betcha the owner didn't try or test that. ....If he did oh well but i'll give it a go. Wish me luck! Some spiral brats could be legendary i'm tellin ya. hahaha

Man I have a little grand daughter that would have a field day with that thing!! That is something that she would really like. She loves to make food for paw paw.

silver I'm gonna get one and try partial freezing like you do before you slice for beef jerky.

Betcha the owner didn't try or test that. ....If he did oh well but i'll give it a go. Wish me luck! Some spiral brats could be legendary i'm tellin ya. hahaha

Thanks Fwismoker!
This is the perfect weekend for brats and dogs!

Man I have a little grand daughter that would have a field day with that thing!! That is something that she would really like. She loves to make food for paw paw.

Ha! Thats a great idea! :thumb:

Back