Lone Star Grillz Vertical Insulated Cabinet Smoker-For the new Owner

Curious about the Methods people us to clean the water pan.

I scraped mine out real good a few months ago, it had 2-3" of gunk built up. Now I try to fill it half full of water towards the end of the cook, then when the water start boiling, open the drain and it seems to clean out most of the grease.

I know mine have a lot of grease and sugar drippings in it, and that stuff was messing up my BBQ taste.

I don't cook with water. I have the water pan covered with foil. I have two Terra Cotta planter disks wrapped in foil in the water pan to act as a heat sync. I use the top three shelves for cooking and the lowest shelf holds two aluminum pans to catch the drippings.

Curious about the Methods people us to clean the water pan.

I scraped mine out real good a few months ago, it had 2-3" of gunk built up. Now I try to fill it half full of water towards the end of the cook, then when the water start boiling, open the drain and it seems to clean out most of the grease.

I know mine have a lot of grease and sugar drippings in it, and that stuff was messing up my BBQ taste.
You were on the verge of a major grease fire. Glad you cleaned it out before you ruined your cooker.

A little water in the pan or some hotel pans will save a ton of cleanup.

You were on the verge of a major grease fire. Glad you cleaned it out before you ruined your cooker.

A little water in the pan or some hotel pans will save a ton of cleanup.

No kidding. So you clean your with a toothbrush after each cook?

No kidding. So you clean your with a toothbrush after each cook?
No sir far from it. I do put a stainless hotel pan in the bottom of the cooker with a little water in it. After the cook I dump the pan out and rinse it out with a water hose.

I've been stalking the LSG IVC. What color did you guys order? I think it's stock color is black but was curious if you guys branched into some of those sharp looking metallic coats

I would have liked to do a bright deep blue..... but the cost was starting to get to be high since I went with a cart. Just didn't have it in the budget. Been saving.... Black will be fine.... A few advantages going with black anyway.

Congrats. I think I'd look at a nice Navy Blue Metallic. Awesome choice. Please post Pr0n pics once you take delivery!!

Well... was contacted Thursday and told mine was ready. The freight handler was picking it up and delivering it Friday. I called Friday morning and the freight handler didn't pick it up :(

Back