Lone Star Grillz Vertical Insulated Cabinet Smoker-For the new Owner

Good evening BBQ friends. As a new member to the forum, I would like to thank you for all of the advice and information regarding the LSG Insulated Cabinet. I ordered mine June 1st.
You all deserve a big pat on the back. Now the wait begins.......

Has anyone else ordered the BBQ Guru CyberQ Cloud setup for your LSG cabinet smoker if so what did you receive in your order?

After looking at them on the Guru site I decided to ordered the setup shown specifically for the LSG Cabinet, the picture on their site clearly shows (2) pitbull fans, (2) 2" ball valve fan adapters and a splitter for the fans and the rest of the setup. I just received my order and it only has (1) fan, no splitter and no ball valve adapter.

I have an email in to Guru, hopefully this is just a mistake on the order.

Has anyone else ordered the BBQ Guru CyberQ Cloud setup for your LSG cabinet smoker if so what did you receive in your order?

After looking at them on the Guru site I decided to ordered the setup shown specifically for the LSG Cabinet, the picture on their site clearly shows (2) pitbull fans, (2) 2" ball valve fan adapters and a splitter for the fans and the rest of the setup. I just received my order and it only has (1) fan, no splitter and no ball valve adapter.

Keep us posted. That sux!

My guess it was a mistake and they will correct it. I'd call them vs email.

I see the picture shows 2 fans and 2 adaptors but how they word it sounds to me like you only get one.the description states comes with Pitt bull fan and 2"ball valve adaptor. They need to change that picture I think.

Just checked their site again. The ones that do come with 2 fans state that in the description and are a little over a 100 dollars more. 478 compared to 354.

Thanks for the info, I was going by what came up after I chose my cooker.
I didn't get an adapter either.

We'll see how it plays out.

Thanks for the info, I was going by what came up after I chose my cooker.
I didn't get an adapter either.

We'll see how it plays out.

Bbq Guru has a good name to uphold and I'm sure they'll make it right. If not, they can sense Flame Boss creeping up behind in the rear view. I've been thrilled with Flame Boss start to finish BTW. If bbq guru doesn't satisfy, give Flame Boss a look

If you didn't pay extra for the two fan setup, I don' think you need to pay extra for it. I've run mine with a single Pit Bull fan at 300 - 350 smoking turkeys in below freezing weather with zero issues. In the beginning, I would open the second ball valve when bringing it up to temp but I think that took longer. Now, I light a full chimney and when it's red hot dump iit in the front left corner closest to the fan, and open the top stack all the way, an hour later it's locked in anywhere between 225 - 300, wherever I've set it. When it's 25 degrees or so away from target, I close off the stack to the desired setting, usually about a 1/3 open for me. It might ake a little longer longer if I'm smoking turkeys at 350, but I don't preheat my LSG with a weed burner or anything like that....

Last I knew it came with one pit ball fan and the 2'' ball valve adapter, if your in a bind the adapter is just a 2'' to 3/4'' reducer that should be available at a hardware store. I dont know what you paid for or were supposed to get but you defiantly dont need two fans in fact per our instructions you will see that once your pit is up to temp you will have to choke down with the single fan or it will over shoot. As one or two people have mentioned the Flame Boss is a great alternative in fact I like it better because its more user friendly (specifically the wifi connectivity and set up, I never was able to get my cyber que to sync up even after a couple hours on the phone with tech support) and the variable speed fan has increased burn times and does a better job managing the small hot fire needed in the insulated.

Thanks
Chris

UPDATE - I just got off the phone with the lady at BBQ Guru, although she looked at the picture and agreed it was in fact the wrong picture for the standard LSG Cabinet setup and admitted it was deceiving they refused to change anything about my order. They are sending me my ball valve adapter and made it sound like they were doing me favor for that.
I want make it clear that I'm not trying to get something for free, I thought I was getting what they advertised for my pit. After hearing all the positive comments about the Flame Boss I may just send this back and go that route.
Thanks for all the suggestions and advice.

Last I knew it came with one pit ball fan and the 2'' ball valve adapter, if your in a bind the adapter is just a 2'' to 3/4'' reducer that should be available at a hardware store. I dont know what you paid for or were supposed to get but you defiantly dont need two fans in fact per our instructions you will see that once your pit is up to temp you will have to choke down with the single fan or it will over shoot. As one or two people have mentioned the Flame Boss is a great alternative in fact I like it better because its more user friendly (specifically the wifi connectivity and set up, I never was able to get my cyber que to sync up even after a couple hours on the phone with tech support) and the variable speed fan has increased burn times and does a better job managing the small hot fire needed in the insulated.

Thanks
Chris

Chris
The little bit I looked at the wi-to setup for the guru last night it does seem a little odd. I don't care for the fact that you need to go into changing settings actually in your router setup to make it work. Does the Flame Boss setup require the same thing?
Thanks

FlameBoss looking more attractive at this point. I keep hearing how simple it is compared to others...

I'll give it a while, just to be fair to the "others" before making my purchase.

Back