• kettle

Votes: 22 33.8%
  • rotisserie

Votes: 18 27.7%
  • be daring and use what's there

Votes: 5 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is the second year I'm cooking the bird for the family dinner. I have had enough of my parents overcooking the bird (for the record they over cook everything) and besides mom gets too stressed over the hole thing where I actually enjoy it. Taking the bird out of the kitchen is a no brainer, it frees up the oven and makes the whole area less crowded. Since I'm the only one who will eat dark meat I'm just getting a breast.

The question I pose to the mobs is what should I cook on?

I've got a big easy
Weber 22 kettle
Weber rotisserie
Be daring and go for their janky duo gas/charcoal bbq

I was gonna use the roto last time but someone forgot the ring (opps) so I just rolled with the kettle and it turned out perfect.
I think you answered your own question.

Roto sounds like a great plan. :nerd: ........Unless you choose to come over to the dark side and Fry them. :spy: I always have 1 smoked and 2 fried for our gatherings.

I do the Weber rotisserie thing every year. With a few apple chunks added. Turns out great.
MrTurkeyDone.jpg

real ninjas cook 2 turkeys, duh. one on the roto and one in TBE. Turkeys are cheap this time of year, take advantage of it!

Just sneak in during the night and cook what you want!

Well this ones to close to call. I packed the big easy because I was in a hurry. A BRETHREN who has a place up there did call me to let me know i could borrow one of his cookers if i wanted to smoke it. Gotta love this place

Back