New and Improved BANDERA?

I had thought I'd get a start on it this evening after work. Took the hardware packet to work with the intention of getting stainless to replace. Changed my mind and decided to roll with the stock bolts. Got home about 20 minutes ago, all excited and stuff...then realized the hardware packet is sitting on my desk at work. :doh::doh::doh::oops:

Unboxed the rest of it and loaded it up on top of an old bedspread on the pool table...too early to start my fire? :mrgreen:

Attachments

• unboxed.jpg
    unboxed.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 222
Ok...just downloaded and uploaded pic file !

$264 !! For the OKJ Bandera lovers ...! I gotta admit....that's a great price now !

Attachments

• OKJ Bandera $264.jpg
    OKJ Bandera $264.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:
Someone tell me if this pic comes thru...something's wrong with my computer showing images...?????

dw3FxjZNgQuVZBDt7

Google images frequently do not show up.
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=229892

Not me. As badly as I want one, I have far too many cookers as it is. I will have to wait until I find good homes for a couple. Keep the reviews and observations coming.

Anyone else get one of these yet? :becky:

I've got one saved in the computer at Lowes at a price of $236 until May 5th...
Can't pull the trigger on it because it seems too small for brisket.....:crazy:

They price matched AND BEAT the price from HEB....by 10%.

I've got one saved in the computer at Lowes at a price of $236 until May 5th...
Can't pull the trigger on it because it seems too small for brisket.....:crazy:

They price matched AND BEAT the price from HEB....by 10%.

You can fold the brisket and cook it with point on top, I guess. Have never done it but heard of it being done. I cook brisket on my WSM 22...Bought the Bandera for the space to do more butts, chicken and pans of beans/Mac...And I can hang ribs.

I tend to cook the smaller briskets - since it's just the two of us. If the grates are 16 x 15, my HS math tells me that if you sit them caddycorner, you should be able to get almost 22" of brisket on a single grate. Most of the ones I cook are in that range. This is looking better and better.

I sold my three year old Brinkman Trailmaster Vertical smoker on CL for $150 in about two hours last Friday. I went to Lowes after work and bought the Bandera. I put it together Saturday. Sealed all the joints with 650 RTV and Nomex on the doors. I'll do the firegrate just like the Bandera 101 doc mods next week. I did the seasoning burn Saturday afternoon and cooked on Sunday. Heat control was amazing compared to the Brinkman. There are no leaks. It used much less fuel also. I started with a full chimney of lump and cooked all day with Hickory splits. Four racks of St. Louis ribs two pork butts and some hot links made a great Easter dinner. I couldn't be happier.

Back