Tomorrow It Arrives!

When they pulled it off the fedex truck i started to cut off all of the plastic wrap and foam to do an inspection, I noticed it did not have the stainless front shelf I ordered on the pit or the probe ports.It cost to much money not to come to me the way i ordered it.

I don't care how much it costs. I want what I want and what I want is what I ordered. No reason to apologize for being pissed that things didn't go the way they were supposed to go. Now, when these things go bad I DO get pissed, but it's usually a stomping fit because I didn't get my way right then. So I calm down and give them a call and give them a chance to make it right. If that doesn't go to my satisfaction or at least in a way decent folks should be treated, however, things tend to ramp up quickly.:boxing:

Easy bud! He was just trying to make light of the situation and get a laugh outta ya to try to make things better.:thumb:

He's just setting the record straight and he's right....jbounds is the ass:laugh:

Yea it sucks i have a cook on labor day for about 2doz fam and friends hopefully i get it back by next friday.

I feel for you man. Hope things go well.
I'm going to be ordering a smoker soon and what you are going through just plain sucks.

Yea I was just thinking there's not alot of empathy being used. I know if any of us here put out a good chunk of change for a nice cooker and waited for it only to find out the order was screwed up we'd be pi**ed. I hope you get the cooker in time for your gathering and they get it right the second time and most importantly it arrives in good condition. Hang in there and try to stay positive. :thumb:

I'm just curious for my personal knowledge. How was the customer service when the mistake was reported? Did they acknowledge it without issue? Did they talk about modifying it in a timely manner? How did that go?

Well that stinks. Chit happens but now is not the time to worry about that. I am sure they will make it right and maybe you should ask for a discount for your inconvenience.

I am sure you have other smokers or grills. Did you set a menu? As in do they all know what you are cooking? If not that is good. Pork butts are great for pulled pork and heck two of them will feed about 20 people. Cook them early wrap in foil when they are done and wrap in towels and into a cooler. Use a faux cambro. You can google that. The night before get chicken quarters and cut between where the leg and thigh meet to seperate them. Chicken is cheapest per pound as leg quarters. It will give you a nice mix of meat. Use a basic chicken brine recipe throw it all in a garbage bag over night. Rinse them off when ready to cook and apply your rub. Cook them about 350 degrees for about 30 minutes. Check internal temp and adjust cook time if necessary. You can make loads of chicken very quickly and it is delicious when it is brined. I like 10 lb bags from walmart. Go to a local restaurant and buy rolls for buns. We like Texas Roadhouse for our buns as they go great with pulled pork. Add some bags of chips and pretzels and a bowl of potatoe and macaroni salad. Maybe pickup a couple pies for dessert.

This is just a rough idea. If you need help figuring out how to maximize your cooking space pm me and I will see if I can come up with a workable idea on how to manage. I have loads of small cookers and I have run get togethers for 20+ people.

The faux cambro is your friend and will allow you to hold meat hot for hours so that you have plenty of time to get enough cooked.

Good luck with your cook.

The 1500 I ordered was shipped out 12/24/14. I am sure everyone was trying to get done to go be with families. The auger didn't work properly, they forgot to put sealant on the outside portion of the firebox so it was leaking smoke, and on top of all it - they sent me the parts to repair it. Was I pissed? You durn tootin'! But, after 2-3 days of frustration, they worked with me to get everything in order, pleasantly dealt with my frustration and at one point were going to send a tech from KS to southern MO to get things in order. So, I feel you and I've been there, but they are a class organization and will get you happy.

I ordered my Yoder YS1500 in April and received it 3rd week of June. When it arrived and the FedEx guy was starting to unload it I noticed the wood pallet it was strapped to was all busted and thus slipped within the pallet and the metal straps used to hold it place scraped the paint down to bare metal on two locations of the lid. As I was looking and deciding if I should return I also noticed the top/front of door/lid the paint was bubbled up like in 4 areas. That made up my mind to send it back. I explained to CS that even if it didn't have the shippers damage I would have sent it back. I related to them I didn't want to explain to anybody that I paid $4k for their cooker and the paint was bubbling and probably peel off soon after that.

Yoder CS was very gracious and understanding and agreed that it should be returned. I asked/requested if at all possible to have it back by July 4th.....and good to their word, I received it back July 2nd. This time it was perfect. Yoder does have an incredible customer service second to none!!!

So to the OP.......Yoder will take care of you. You have nothing to worry about. That said, I do understand how you feel. It really hurt to have to wait that long just to send it back. Hang it there....it will be worth it

Man-o-man, that really bites hard stinky donkey cheese. Have you heard anything from Yoder yet? That's like ordering a new car with all the extras and then having a stripped down model come rolling off the truck. I've ordered a couple of woodworking machines and had similar experiences. Hope they make it right with you.

They were very apologetic said when they got smoker it would be fixed and sent back within a few hours of receiving it.Shipping would also be expedited .

They were very apologetic said when they got smoker it would be fixed and sent back within a few hours of receiving it.Shipping would also be expedited .

Sounds like they stand behind their product. Sorry for the inconvenience and frustration.

Back