THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spares here are usually around $4.99/lb. baby back about $5.99. I caught BBs on sale for $1.99/lb a while back and loaded the freezer.

That's what I pay by the case at RD.

Yesterday was the first time I purchased meat from RD. I had seen the case price which was .20 cheaper in their flyer and I was thinking you had to buy a whole case. I had called them and they said 6 packs came in a case. When I got there I noticed the sign said for 26+ pounds you got the discount, so it wasn't a case as in what I was thinking, I just bought 3 packs making sure they totaled 26+ pounds. Noticed brisket was the same way but you had to buy 48+ pounds.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

In Texas at Sam's Club they sell Spare ribs cryo'd three racks to the cryo, they sell them for 2.58 a pound. I typically have pretty good returns on these ribs, although a couple of times I noticed the middle one wasn't as pretty as the two outside. Meaty ribs in either event though, I gobble them right down.

Paid $6.17 for a rack of trimmed spares at Target today, they're "enhanced" so they'll probably taste like crap but I couldn't resist the price for over 3 3/4 lbs of ribs. :loco:

The Price Rite here has spares for $1.99/lb. Not sure if that's a sale price or not because every time I go there, that seems to be the price. Unfortunately, I prefer the BBs. They normally go for about $2.99/lb.

Went to the store tonight, here's the proof. Farking ouch.

tesequba.jpg

We have a Sam's and Costco in town. Most of my slabs come from there.

On average, I'll get three slabs of St. Lois cut for ~ $25.

I'm surprised that ribs are higher here than in most other places-NC is the biggest pork-producing state in the country.

Up here in northern canada i paid $1.99 a pound. i picked up 6 racks, untrimmed.

Attachments

• IMG_5315.jpg
    IMG_5315.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_5319.jpg
    IMG_5319.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 57
Picked up some untrimmed spares for $1.72/lb and I thought I saw the BB's for $2.68/lb. Have a hard time beating the Costco Business Center pricing up here.

At the meat market I frequent, prices per pound are:
spares -- $2.69
st. louis trimmed spares -- $3.69
baby backs -- $3.69.

Back