Wood Prices

Brigid

Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.
Name or Nickame
Brigid
I am in rural northern New Mexico. About an hour north of Santa Fe. Very hard to find oak or pecan. It’s mostly piñon, cedar, and cottonwood.

I can get a delivery so I want to know for a full cord, if $700/oak or $800/pecan is a fair price.
I don’t have a truck or trailer to do it myself. Thought about renting a U-Haul moving truck but it would bring me to the same price as just having it delivered.

Thanks for all the feedback!!!

I was fortunate. Here in Tulsa I was able to get a rick of hickory delivered and stacked for $125. If wood is scarce then i guess 700 is okay.

Oak and hardwood in general is expensive here too. Talk to tree service guys because they usually have wood on hand and sell for cheaper.

My bro's friend works for US Forest service and is in charge of managing inmates for clearing dead trees or fire prevention and he brings me as much oak as I want for free. Maybe someone similar like that.

That seems high in my neck of the woods…unless it’s cut to length, split to width, delivered and stacked.

Then again… what is the cost of living where you live? Seems some think that’s on target.
Even if it’s high it’s probably a third the price of buying bags at the local store

It’s very subjective to where you live and local resources

Back