THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

gnewt

Found some matches.
Name or Nickame
gnewt
I've tried different methods to finish,hold,rest ribs and haven't been satisfied. Do you wrap right after or let it come down first? I cook direct heat over wood, I usually dont wrap until it's finished. Thanks in advance

I have been cooking till 165F, wrapping in foil with butter, and holding bone side up in a holding oven at 150F for 12-18 hours with great results.

I typically can time ribs pretty well. usually it's just a 15 minute rest while I get everything else ready. if I do need to hold for a bit towels and a cooler work as well as the turkey roaster if I need longer but I rarely hold long since the cook is only about 3.5 hrs

I smoke/indirect hot 325+ till they sweat and hiss hard. Then close and let grill sweat till I get the right flex. Then wrap in paper to hold till.

I assume pork ribs.
I cook direct over wood fire, 8-9 hand seconds (maybe 275F). Bone side down for 20 min, bone side up for 10 min, spritzing with every flip. When done I give a final spritz and wrap in foil to sit at ambient temp for 30+ minutes, or put in warmer. I tried to link old post showing a cook but the pictures on the old site don't show up.
Sometimes it seems to take too long to cook and I wrap in foil and finish in oven at a somewhat higher temp.

thanks for the great replies. So it seems that a long rest really isn't needed like it might be with a brisket? but you can do it if you pull them at a lower temp?

Back