Picanha on the Weber

lunchman

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Dom
Recently a new Brazilian grocery store/meat market opened within walking distance of our house. Two or three weeks ago they happened to have Picanha on sale for $5.99/lb. I've never grilled this particular cut of beef so I had to take advantage of the sale. These were cut as steaks which is how I grilled them, foregoing the traditional skewer C shape (which as I understand depends on how the roast is cut).

Tonight was the night for Picanha steaks on the Weber. My wife called from a shopping trip asking what time she should be home for dinner. Oops! Almost forgot to get the grill fired up so I better get my butt in motion and get to making dinner.

The steaks, seasoned in Worcestershire and Oakridge Carne Crosta -

14iBxYo.jpg

Some sweet potatoes to go with them, but first a reverse sear -

HSqFfls.jpg

Then on to the indirect side of the Weber -

uq9nnT3.jpg

iwJpUmg.jpg

Resting, having reached an internal temp in the upper 120's -

CQX9mrp.jpg

WtfB8Qr.jpg

Plated, with maple glazed carrots and the sweet potato -

QmGtfbQ.jpg

EHtE9lr.jpg

ychhIRX.jpg

3QS5r3G.jpg

Every bit as delicious as it looks! We've still got four steaks in the freezer for another two dinners.

As always, thanks for following along on tonight's grilling adventure on my back deck.

Regards,
-lunchman

That’s a nice store to have in yer neighborhood.
You did those right, Dom.

I am getting so annoyed with these posts. I highly doubt this cut is better then Hanger steak, but in order for me to try this cut i need to buy a UNIT ( 25lbs ) for $170 from RD "

• Beef Coulottes (Picanha), USDA Choice, Fat-On"
BTW, why is that bite on the fork missing that fat cap?

Last edited:
Outstanding. Cooked to Perfection. Defiunitely should enter that in the Favorite Cut of Beef Throwdown
Wish I had that store near me

Outstanding. Cooked to Perfection. Defiunitely should enter that in the Favorite Cut of Beef Throwdown
Wish I had that store near me

Thanks, George. I hadn't realized there was a beef throwdown in progress.

The supermarket is GOL, they have another location in Hyannis.

The only frustration I have shopping at this store is their English is limited (or better put, my Spanish is non-existent), so I need to find the one employee who speaks both. I really do like supporting this local business. This is the second Brazilian market within walking distance from home.

It's nice to be able to get cuts of meat that Market Basket doesn't normally carry.

-Dom

There is a Brazilian store near me but they only sell prepared foods- savory and sweet. I need to go and check out Market Basket. There are 2 not far from me

My apologies to any Brazilian brethren, the national language in Brazil being Portuguese, not Spanish. You'd think I would have remembered that from our painting contractor from a few years ago who was Brazilian.

That looks absolutely delicious! I don't know how you can sleep knowing that there are more in the freezer and in your future. I would totally love to come across a price like that around here.

I am getting so annoyed with these posts. I highly doubt this cut is better then Hanger steak, but in order for me to try this cut i need to buy a UNIT ( 25lbs ) for $170 from RD "

• Beef Coulottes (Picanha), USDA Choice, Fat-On"
BTW, why is that bite on the fork missing that fat cap?

I’m probably wasting my time but…..Look at bottom pic and see where he cut it from! Not every piece is gonna have a fat cap! Ya it’s pricey but if you want it get it if you don’t! Then don’t! Looks great imo!

Back