Picanha V2 - Throwdown entry

lunchman

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Dom
I see there's a steak throwdown and it turns out I just so happened to be grilling the Picanha I've had in the freezer for a while. Consider one of these pics as my entry.

Seasoned with Oakridge Carne Crosta and out onto the Weber. I tried the C shape method - doesn't seem to work that well with the flexible SS skewers, but who cares? -

ka2PcSR.jpg

jNJ9fmz.jpg

A good sear at the very end -

1Xujeqb.jpg

Plated -

icGDPbD.jpg

PgF4Y5z.jpg

One heck of an awesome dinner. I haven't had a good steak in a while, so this made up for it.

For those wondering where the heck I've been (again), my wife and I decided to flee the Northeast for two months, spending them in South Carolina. No grilling allowed at the condo we rented, so my cooking was all indoors. We ate way too much fried seafood when we went out and I've gotta admit it was pretty darn good.

We're back to Massachusetts, hopefully brought some warmer weather north with us. We did fortunately avoid three snowstorms at home which was part of the reason for venturing to Myrtle Beach.

Regards,
-lunchman

LOTS of good seafood down that way. The non fried is even better than the fried. Nice to see you back with a solid cook at that.

Looks awesome!

What is the C-shaped method and cable thru the meat?

I'm not quite sure why it's grilled like this, but many pics of picanha show it curled into a C shape and threaded onto a flat skewer. Usually two steaks per skewer.

I only have round straight skewers which don't fit on my 18" Weber, so I broke out one of my flexible skewers which work great on a grill like a Kamado.

I'll have to reread some websites to find the reason for the C shaped grilling method. Perhaps one of the brethren knows the reason.

BTW, it's good to be grilling again!

Looks good Dom!
I’ve never bothered with the C, not sure the purpose.

I'm not quite sure why it's grilled like this, but many pics of picanha show it curled into a C shape and threaded onto a flat skewer. Usually two steaks per skewer.
I imagine it's for presentation. All the Brazilian Churrasco's do it, even the ones in Brazil.

Back