THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ayvatr

is one Smokin' Farker
It's that time of year and I have a party this Saturday and I'm told to expect 50-60 people mostly couples. I plan on serving pulled Pork and chicken leg quarters plus smoked Mac n cheese. I'm thinking maybe 4-5 8lb butts and 24 quarters plus 2 full restaurant pans of Mac n cheese.....any thoughts? We will have buns and Cole slaw available and thank goodness I don't have to mess with salad or desserts.

Looks pretty solid. Assuming 1/3lb meat per person on pork that would be 20lbs needed for 60 so 40lb starting weight. I guess you could do maybe a few more quarters, but not everyone will take a full quarter in my experience. That's plenty of Mac.

Looks good to me, I'd split the quarters though. A lot of people won't want a whole quarter plus pulled pork but the people who do can still grab both.

Looks pretty solid. Assuming 1/3lb meat per person on pork that would be 20lbs needed for 60 so 40lb starting weight. I guess you could do maybe a few more quarters, but not everyone will take a full quarter in my experience. That's plenty of Mac.

Thanks Jason....I will probably add a few thighs & split up some of the quarters; good idea. Hey wait a minute, it's says 03:05 on your post! Must be your turn to get up for the O dark thirty feeding.:-D

Last edited:
Back