Carolina/South East bash

Anyone see any gaps in what we need and what people are bringing

This is what we have so far
Me 4 butts, 8 racks of ribs, tri tips( split between me and cabo)and fatties for breakfast,
Wendy ( my wife) Pasta salad
Grilla brisket and apple cole slaw
Joe Black baked beans and tater salad
Sammy some spatchcocked chickens
Lantern apple pies and paper goods, cups, and plastic ware.
Lighter Fluid some local sausages.
Dwfisk buns for sammichs.
Dad mac n cheese
cabo plastic ware, plates, cups

I also just picked up a giant roll of tin foil and a bunch of pans. I will bring service stands and sternos

For Friday night I'm bringing 8 burgers, chips, a pack of dogs and condiments, grilla hamburger buns and hot buns. Also going to wally world to get some camping items and will grab some service spoons, I have plenty of tongs to bring too.

Everyone BYOB!

Also we are going to have a little raffle at the bash! Dwfisk is making a griddle for 22 inch kettles and I'm putting in a 32oz jar of Swamp Boys bbq sauce and a 14oz jar of Yardbird rub. A 5 dollar ticket purchase gets one chance, BUT you can buy as many chances as you like. All money raised from this will be donated to Phil's NY Fleet week cook under the name of the Carolina/Southeast Bash! So bring some extra cash guys!

Also my dad is coming and he's bringing a homemade mac and cheese to smoke!

Trying to post some pictures of the griddle but Photobucket is being an arse, maybe later. Everybody that is at the bash gets one ticket/chance on my tab but like Blythewood said, you can get more for $5 each. Picture when the internet gods allow them.

2016-04-23%2011.46.32_zps9xwi5lid.jpg

2016-04-23%2011.47.27_zpst1i6js4k.jpg

2016-04-23%2011.50.55_zps48oqvjlk.jpg

I've finished a first seasoning burn so it will be ready to use as soon as somebody claims it :clap2:

Picked up the paper towels, plastic utensils, cups and paper plates at Sam's. Just need to pick up a couple apple pies Saturday morning before heading ya'lls way.

Anything else?

For Friday night I'm bringing 8 burgers, chips, a pack of dogs and condiments, grilla hamburger buns and hot buns. Also going to wally world to get some camping items and will grab some service spoons, I have plenty of tongs to bring too.

do we know how many will be there for Friday? So we make sure we have enough buns, also where are we going to meet up to eat?

May just be me, wifey, and you unless Sammy sticks around after he drops off his trailer. 420 is camping too so maybe him and a friend? ?? Joe may come down friday.Honestly not to sure.....maybe everyone could chime in on who is going to be around Fri night. Any campsite is fine for Friday.

Man it sux that you and awscwi can't make it. You guys are not only Brethren and friends to me but actual brothers. Maybe we will get pounded with rain this week and both of you will get off! So ironic that 6 months ago we were feeding displaced flood victims and now it is so dry!

Thanks Bro!! Even if it rains tomorrow and Thursday like they say, I'm on call and can't get anybody to switch with me. We've worked the last 6-8 weeks straight. I can't blame them. Me and Brian do have plans to come down your way soon, he got a new ride and can't wait to try it out on the trails. I'll let you know when We can make it. Love ya brother!

May just be me, wifey, and you unless Sammy sticks around after he drops off his trailer. 420 is camping too so maybe him and a friend? ?? Joe may come down friday.Honestly not to sure.....maybe everyone could chime in on who is going to be around Fri night. Any campsite is fine for Friday.

I will stay for a while, but my wife nixed the idea of camping.

Don't forget to breathe Harry

:loco:

Yeah, I’m just a little stoked. Thirteen years is a little long to wait. Actually, I gave up.
In my mind, I thought SC would have been one of the first to jump on “our band wagon”, but it didn’t happen. Cooked my first brisket for a Super Bowl party. I stood back, more than a little nervous. The owner of the place that hosted the party spun on his heels, and asked me “Did you cook this?” I hesitantly said yes. He said “It’s outstanding!” (by the way, it’s his house, and boat, we’ll be staying at, and he’s coming to the bash). The “place” was D’s Wings in Cayce, SC.
It seems people in my circle love my cooking, but it took people from all over the State to get the “Brethren” on the map.
It’s finally happening, and I hope it’ll be a bash to remember, in a good way!!!
I’ll breathe on Sunday..
I hope you can make it!!!

Oh it's going to be a great time! I'm honored that one of the Original Brethren will be there! Our camp site is lake front so we will probably do Friday nightat our site if no one objects. II'll hang my Brethren banner so it can be viewed from the lake. Also there is a parking lot by our site for those who are not camping to park in.

Anyone need pellets for your pellet cooker? Pm Sammy and he can bring them to the bash! He's a distributor for Lumber Jack pellets!

Getting excited! Bout to start packing up and do a wally world run! It's funny! You know you're a BBQ BRETHREN when you spend a couple hours washing a smoker but don't care about washing your dirty suv! Hey I live on a dirt road, no use til we get some rain!

Made it to Augusta, wife has a few work meetings at the medical center then we will make the short jump to Wingate Harbison sometime tomorrow PM.

Yeah, I’m just a little stoked. Thirteen years is a little long to wait. Actually, I gave up.
In my mind, I thought SC would have been one of the first to jump on “our band wagon”, but it didn’t happen. Cooked my first brisket for a Super Bowl party. I stood back, more than a little nervous. The owner of the place that hosted the party spun on his heels, and asked me “Did you cook this?” I hesitantly said yes. He said “It’s outstanding!” (by the way, it’s his house, and boat, we’ll be staying at, and he’s coming to the bash). The “place” was D’s Wings in Cayce, SC.
It seems people in my circle love my cooking, but it took people from all over the State to get the “Brethren” on the map.
It’s finally happening, and I hope it’ll be a bash to remember, in a good way!!!
I’ll breathe on Sunday..
I hope you can make it!!!
Have a great time Harry and all who are attending. I will be doing a shot of Cabo in your honor, wishing I was there.

Back