Anyone ever tried?.....

Cat797

is one Smokin' Farker
Name or Nickame
Ed
Taking leftover pulled pork and tossing in Buffalo wing sauce? I'm looking to do something different for sliders than the typical PP, sauce, slaw gig.

I'm thinking my neutral PP could be buffalo'ed and put on a slider with some pepperjack cheese, lettuce, ranch, and pickled red onion.

Curious if anyone has blazed this trail! :becky: Will let you know how it turns out.

I've never done it but it sounds good and i can't think of a reason it wouldn't work out.

Hot sauce and vinegar are already common ingredients in pork sauces so it's not too far fetched of an idea.

A kid that worked for me tried it once. I liked it with a dash of bbq sauce in the buffalo sauce.

It (just the buffalo sauce on pp) tasted like a "creamy/buttery" variation of the "Eastern North Carolina" bbq sauce mentioned in this article,
https://www.tasteofhome.com/collection/regional-barbecue-sauce/

Sorry if this is offensive to Carolina enthusiasts, but is just the best way I can think of to describe it.

A variation of this idea works well for me..... cooked pulled pork used in place of ground beef with a taco seasoning packet. Add water and cook as directed. Great on pretty much any sort of bread/tortilla.

The buffalo wing sauce sounds doable to me.

I don't know. There is something about the fried crispy part of wings that makes buffalo sauce work.

Not so sure I'd try it on a big group....maybe on family and see what they say. I know I'd like it because it involves buffalo sauce (butter + hot sauce)

It would be kind of like hot BBQ sauce without the sweet.

Maybe if you put it on fried crispy pork.....now we're talkin'. :clap2:

A kid that worked for me tried it once. I liked it with a dash of bbq sauce in the buffalo sauce.

That sounds pretty good as well....makes me think of Hooter's Daytona sauce!

@Fooball - Yeah I'm just going to make a few of them as an experiment for future Sunday Funday events, lol (my take on Slider Sundays). My group of friends rotates to different houses during football season and the same old stuff gets monotonous.....

@Fooball - Yeah I'm just going to make a few of them as an experiment for future Sunday Funday events, lol (my take on Slider Sundays). My group of friends rotates to different houses during football season and the same old stuff gets monotonous.....

That's why they need you in their group! You sir, need to be the one that makes them feel guilty about the same ole' same ole'.

Make it a competition between the hosts and the food will improve from the same old same old.

Let no football Sunday ever be ruined by same old food. Never. Ever. (or warm beer)

Back