THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BriGreentea

Knows what a fatty is.
Just curious I have tried many types of slathers for mainly brisket but any meat really before I put rub on- mustard (great), syrup (epic fail) mayonnaise (unusual), hot sauce (weird), Worchester or equivalent (tasty)

I was wondering what would happen if I tried Ranch. I like the taste of mustard and love what it does...I liked the results of mayonnaise but don't care for the taste which makes me wonder I love the taste of ranch and wondering if it would yield similar results to mayonnaise or would it be a fail.

I know many skip slather all together. I'm almost there myself but not yet.

I'm not into the pre slather so can't comment on that but I do like ranch. Might be worth trying anyway.

An oil/fat based slather gets you a much better looking bark than mustard, blood, or worchestershire. Taste may be minimally different, depending on how your taste buds can pick up the mayo/ranch flavor. Haven’t tried horseradish yet :heh:

Last edited:
I use the dry ranch mix in a mayo slather on chicken once in awhile. It does have a good flavor.

Back