THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Imp81318

Knows what a fatty is.
I'm going to be cooking some wings on my kettle this week and I'm looking to switch things up a bit. My wife doesn't like sauced wings, and we have 2 small children so I usually go pretty simple with seasonings - salt, pepper, and a touch of garlic and/or onion powder - and then toss mine in a little Frank's buffalo sauce after done cooking. I like wings cooked this way, don't get me wrong, but I'd like to try switching things up a bit and my wife has agreed to try some dry rubbed wings as long as they aren't spicy (she doesn't do spicy at all)...

So with that, I look to the brethren for some recommendations for rub recipes. I've checked local grocery stores and haven't been able to find much of a selection other than the typical Weber/Grill Mates rubs and seasonings. Types of rubs I'm thinking, although I'm open to any and all suggestions of tried and true recipes: jamaican jerk (for me as she doesn't like spicy), barbecue ranch, honey mustard-type rub (?), others???

A lot of business have built empires on fried chicken tossed in hot sauce. Injected marinated smoked wings are what you seek.

Back