*** You're All Invited to The South West BBQ Brethren Fall Bash 10-13-2018***

Well, right now, looks like I am about 90% there. Daughter is getting over a cold and wife will be taking over Soccer Dad duty on Saturday. They can't miss catechism class on Sunday..........so, I'm going solo.
Will head out early on Saturday. I still got the menudo and fixings. I'll find something else to take up there. Will probably take my turkey fryer and big ole 40qt pot with me. Was thinking of taking some adobada pork steaks, torts, and some salsa so we can do quick taco stuff off the grill, etc. I can take a camp fire grate and use the fire pit coals.
I have some big pecan stump stuff I will take for the pit. I will take plenty of red chile. I have lots of green too. Trying to think of what I can make with the the green. Maybe some rajas con queso.

Lots of chile.....I feel sorry for the Porta Potty!

I also have a Brethren Banner......gotta fly it!

I need to get away. Some cool, cloudy, weather, fire pit, food, beverages and making some new friends is the ticket.

You guys like pigs feet in the menudo? I will take the baby Blackstone so we can toast the bolillos with butter for the menudo.

Also, how are we on electric? I can take extension cords, etc. Do I need to take the gas gen?

Bob

Last edited:
AWESOME!!! I'm glad you are going to be able to make it out. Heck yes, we need to fly the banner. Everything you mentioned food wise sounds great. I will have some extension cords in my camper also. I was thinking of bringing the generator also. Allen, what do you think of the generators?

Fan pharkin tastic!!! We are getting closer!
I was going to smoke a butt and then we can add some of that green and or red chile!! I will attempt to do a cobbler in the Dutch oven as well. No guarantees how it will turn out. First time for everything. Lol Definitely we will have some good eats.

There is electricity and water where we will be sitting up at. If you have an extension cord throw it in. I will bring a table, plastic pans,soap, and bleach so we can set up a washing station. I will also bring trash cans and bags.
I am not sure how big the service is for your RV Carl, but I will try to find out.

I will be taking a green chile stuffed pork loin, pork belly burnt ends, pork ribs and some other stuff as well. I will also bring some chicharones for breakfast on Saturday. Iwas thinking we could do some breakfast burritos for Saturday. I am bringing some green chile as well. I'm not sure what Scott has lined up.

:clap2:AND THEN THERE WERE 4!!! ONLY 4 DAYS LEFT UNTIL THE SW BBQ BRETHREN BASH IN SILVER CITY, NM:clap2::clap2:

Time to get your stuff ready and packed. Or just show up. It sounds like this will definitely be a SW themed BBQ Bash. Lots of chile on the menu. Bring your family and friends.

I will be taking a green chile stuffed pork loin, pork belly burnt ends, pork ribs and some other stuff as well. I will also bring some chicharones for breakfast on Saturday. Iwas thinking we could do some breakfast burritos for Saturday. I am bringing some green chile as well. I'm not sure what Scott has lined up.

My wife brought back some fresh tortillas from Tucson this week. I can bring those!!

Im bummed to officially say I can't make it. :mad: Plan was to get Friday off and hit the road early and make it there Friday night, hang out with the brethren Saturday all day and drive back Sunday morning. Unfortunately Fridays and Mondays are the busiest at work so flow hasn't slowed down for me to have taken Friday off. I was looking forward to this.

You guys have a great time and have a beer or few for me. :sad:

Naked fatties, ABT's (with extras to stuff a couple tri-tips), bacon. I'm thinking carne adovada as well. The usual breakfast fare...

Im bummed to officially say I can't make it. :mad: Plan was to get Friday off and hit the road early and make it there Friday night, hang out with the brethren Saturday all day and drive back Sunday morning. Unfortunately Fridays and Mondays are the busiest at work so flow hasn't slowed down for me to have taken Friday off. I was looking forward to this.

You guys have a great time and have a beer or few for me. :sad:

:cry: Really sorry to hear that, Sako. Sometimes life gets in the way of our plans to have fun. Hopefully you can make it to the next one.

Back