Your fave recipes for smoked bluefin???

jjdbike

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
JD
Hello friends,

I am breaking my my "new to me" pellet cooker. I have two small bluefins in the freezer. I want to make some for appetizers for Thanksgiving. I may make some dip - pate with cream cheese.

What are your favorite smoked bluefin recipes?

While I have a good deal of experience grilling on my kettle and smoking on my stick burner, I'm an absolute beginner w/ pellet cookers.

Thanks in advance!
JD

Smoked Blue fin is fantastic! friend of mine brought a chunk over once.
I have no recipes but just sprinkled a simple rub, salt,pepper, and smoked it at about 200 till it was done, it cooks fast don't overcook it, or over smoke it. The belly is very good, lots of orange fat, takes the smoke well.
I never got to do anything with it other than eat it off the smoker plain.

This was Atlantic giant tuna, I see you're in Ca., maybe a different fish??

Last edited:
Fish cooks so quickly that I've never considered smoke other than what you get with a cedar plank.

Check out Thirdeyes blog. He has good info for Salmon. Dont know why you cant do the same with Bluefin. I smoke salmon on my Egg. 1st I make a cure using Gores method- 4/3 cup brown sugar and 1/3 cup kosher salt- maybe a little more salt. Wrap it in saran wrap and put in fridge for several hours. When I unwrap them I rinse them off, pad them dry and put back in fridge overnight on a cooling rack. I smoke them using lump and some apple and pecan chunks. I smoke them art 150 degrees After a few hours I may increase the Temp so I can get the salmon to 145-150 degrees- really good
Will be interested in how yours turnn out

Back