Fave sides w/ smoked Dino ribs?

jjdbike

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
JD
Hello Brethren & Happy Saturday,
I’m planning on smoking some beef Dino ribs for some good new friends that have been very supportive of us since moving to SoCal. I wouldn’t have the job I do if it weren’t for them. I want to treat them to an excellent meal to express my gratitude.

I’m cooking some fresh corn on the cob and was going to make bbq beans. Unfortunately they cannot eat beans. I’m trying to figure out the best sides to complement the rich, smoky, beefiness of the Dinos.

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
JD

Sides

As we speak I am cooking 2 briskets and a rack of baby backs. We are having a salad of avocado, jicama, cilantro and mandarin orange slices. Dressing is olive oil lime juice mandarin juice.

As we speak I am cooking 2 briskets and a rack of baby backs. We are having a salad of avocado, jicama, cilantro and mandarin orange slices. Dressing is olive oil lime juice mandarin juice.

Thanks J,
It sounds really fresh, light and delicious to me. Unfortunatly my wife wouldn't like it, though I may make that for myself some time.
JD

A vinegary crispy cool salad

I enjoy the onion, cucumber sometimes adding tomato and avocado.
A slice of buttery toasted garlic bread too

Just one of many recipes

https://tastesbetterfromscratch.com/cucumber-onion-salad/

Roasted Brussel Sprouts. Sweet Potatoes Grilled sweet onions- wrap in foil with butter and stick on grill for about an hour

Vinegar based coleslaw to help cut the richness of the beast.
Ed

Thanks much everyone!

I love the idea of roasted Brussels. Also see the appropriateness of a light, cool, tart salad. My wife loves cucumber salad. Seeing we live in SoCal, SD county, I’m thinking about cucumber, red onion, sweet cherry tomatoes, jicama, lemon juice, olive oil and salt, perhaps a pinch of sugar. Do you guys think that’ll work?
JD

Old school goodness.

Fried corn.
Start by cleaning several ears of corn. At least one per person.
Then slice off the kernels into a Large bowl. When finished cutting the kernels off the cob take the back of the knife or a dull one and scrape down the cob into the bowl to get all the milky goodness.

Finely mince an onion. Cook in bacon grease in a large skillet until translucent. Add the corn. Cook until just a bit beyond heated thru. Add diced bacon from making the grease. Season to taste going a touch heavy to black pepper. Cool a bit longer til it all melds together.

Back