You don't like what?

Babybacks... they’re kinda like crab legs at the Chinese buffet. Sweet but hardly worth the effort.
I'm with you. I pick them up, when on sale, about once a year. Take extra time and effort in cooking them, trying to make them moist, with flavor. And end up with something I'm the only one eating the leftovers of, because my wife would rather make herself a smoothie than eat them.
The same with chicken wings. Used to get them free or cheap to make stock with. When I cook a whole chicken, the wings go into the stock pot with the carcass.
I actually laugh when I see wings going for a higher price than thighs.

I don’t like frozen leftover pulled pork. I get burned out on it. I have some that I’m gonna chuck in the trash and although I’m frugal and don’t like to waste food, I have no problem giving it the heave ho. Not crazy on red slaw in NC but I love the Carolina dip. Not really crazy about big fat BS chicken breast meat plopped on the grill whole and served practically naked. Over cooked and poorly formed hamburgers that are way smaller than the bun. Cold buns. I also hate mustard touching my lettuce. Dijion, hate it!

I don't like Peanut Butter, actually can't stand it.

Oh wait we're talking about BBQ. :doh:

Hmm, I am with many of you on the pulled pork issue. I don't mind a sauced version as a sammich with pickles, onions, once in a great while. I do like the smoke flavor so make butts and pull to save in the deep freeze for my tamales. But use a basic rub on em. Pulled pork rocks in tamales or tacos. But, just to eat it as a big pile on a plate.....not so much. Now a big arse pile of pulled beef like a PSB......hell yes! Very good in chili also for pulled pork.

Pork chops and even loin is great.

One item I don't care for....pork ribs. Just don't. I'll eat em, don't get me wrong, but will take big beef ribs any day.

As for smoked turkey.........we love it. I wish I could buy whole turkeys year round.

Bob

BBQ food, or smoked food? In my opinion, anything smoked for over 2 hours is smoked food. A steak in contact with smoke for less then 10 min i consider BBQ. A whole chicken smoked for 2 hours, i consider smoked food. Chicken thighs smoked for 45 min, is BBQ.

Anyway, My least favorite smoked foods is Brisket and pulled pork. I would take a short rib, pork rib, or smoked chicken any day of the week, twice on sundays.

Another thumbs down for pork. Not a fan of any pulled pork. It even looks super greasy and gross. I guess its an east coast thing. Only pork Ill eat is bacon, ribs and chops.

I would have to say my least favorite smoked food is chicken. I like chicken on the grill and fried, but smoked is not for me. Brisket has got to be my favorite. After that I'll eat just about anything. One thing that gets my goat is when you get food at a bbq joint and they serve it with the sauce on it. Let me decide if it needs sauce.

I see turkeys in the frozen section all year round in just about every store. Only see fresh in the Thanksgiving -- Christmas time frame.

Not so much here. I can buy frozen turkey breast all the time, or even fresh legs and wings. But the whole bird, not often. And if they have some, the packaging looks kinda beat up as though the bird has been there a while.

Bob

Best part is picking through the carcass after carving and then boiling it all down to make stock. :thumb:

Back