Yoder YS480 - Any thoughts / Experience??

Big Swole

is one Smokin' Farker
Found a used YS480 pellet smoker.
I was wondering if anyone has any thoughts on it or experience with it.
Thinking of getting one to add to the collection but if it doesn't smoke well (I like heavier smoke profile) but know pellets don't do as well as true wood burners.
Just thinking of having it as a spare and something to use every now and again.

New they're $1250+ shipping. What would be a "Smokin" deal on a used one that's not that old (year or so). looks clean and in good shape.

Thoughts?

If a good deal I would definitely get it. Yoder pellet smokers put out more smoke flavor than most because of their large burn pot. They are very equivalent to a clean burning smoke flavor from a stick burner. Always a consistent nice thin blue smoke below 350 degrees.

If a good deal I would definitely get it. Yoder pellet smokers put out more smoke flavor than most because of their large burn pot. They are very equivalent to a clean burning smoke flavor from a stick burner. Always a consistent nice thin blue smoke below 350 degrees.

This one has a few options so I'd say it was $1350-1500 new.

If I could get for $800-900, would y'all say grab it???

Grab it if you don't like it you could probably sell it for what you paid for it. I wish I could find a deal like that, I'm looking for a decent PG.

Grab it if you don't like it you could probably sell it for what you paid for it. I wish I could find a deal like that, I'm looking for a decent PG.

I just made an offer...If he takes it, I'll hopefully pick it up tmrw. or soon. Thanks!!

If I get it and not like it or whatever, I'll give you dibs at what I paid.

can't wait to hear your thoughts. I will likely be grabbing the ys640 or ys1500 in the Spring. I have a trip to Europe to pay for first then I will likely grab it.

On the Yoder site, it says they start at $3,645. Is that about what I'm looking at? Are there any upgrades/add-ons I should consider?

For the heck of it I did a search and found one locally, I was shocked you hardly ever see any kind of decent smoker listed. Guy says it's 2 years old wants $850 and it's very clean looks pretty rough to me. :shocked:
I'm sure it's just surface rust and looks like paint pealing but dang when I purchase something I take care of it.

01414_WSqUjIoo6S_1200x900.jpg

00L0L_coekef244uj_1200x900.jpg

If he had kept it sprayed down with Pam or some form of oil it would not have done that I don't believe. It may look a little rough but if it still cooks well and you could negotiate on the price it might be a decent deal.

I'm still waiting to hear on the one I made an offer on. It looks a little newer than that one.

On the Yoder site, it says they start at $3,645. Is that about what I'm looking at? Are there any upgrades/add-ons I should consider?

There are three versions. There is the 480, the 640, and the 1500. And the 480 starts at about $1250. The 640 starts at somewhere in the 2000s I believe maybe a little less. The 1500 is the big boy and starts at over 3000 I believe.

I'll probably go check it out sometime next week.

The 640 starts at $1449 but that's without a comp cart and start at $2045 with cart.

Swole, based on many of your comments made both on this forum, and on Yellow Bullet, I don't think you will be able to detect ANY smoke flavor from a pellet cooker. But I do think you will enjoy the cooker you now have on order, especially when you load it up with an extra 30lbs of hickory bark... for a little "light smoke flavor!" :)

Swole, based on many of your comments made both on this forum, and on Yellow Bullet, I don't think you will be able to detect ANY smoke flavor from a pellet cooker. But I do think you will enjoy the cooker you now have on order, especially when you load it up with an extra 30lbs of hickory bark... for a little "light smoke flavor!" :)

Lol

If i get this, it'll just be an addition to the collection. Something to use when I want to try a different taste profile.

I just made an offer...If he takes it, I'll hopefully pick it up tmrw. or soon. Thanks!!

If I get it and not like it or whatever, I'll give you dibs at what I paid.

You're on a roll my brother. :thumb: As I've said before, I like the way you roll.

I would say maybe 600.... But, yoder in my humble opinion and tons or research are probably the best or about the best pellet machine there is. I had a treager and loved it. Rebuilt twice in 12 years of hard use. My friend has a Yoder..... Never touched it in 10 years of moderate use. Flavor is great.

Back