THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bought 2 at Sams at $1.99. then saw kroger had them individual at $1.49. I know the Kroger ones are "enhanced", but at a 25% discount I"m still debating it..

Bought about 40 lbs of pork today for $65 - 2 10# butts at $1.18/lb, but they're both frozen in the same vac bag so I'm going to be making a LOT of pulled pork at some point. Maybe save half of one for some sausage? Got a 10# box of just rib tips for $20 and 10# of spares for $22. All frozen from the restaurant supply, I need to let the tips thaw a little as currently I have one giant iced hunk of tips...

I am not the food safety police, so this may not be quite right. But when I bought a pair of butts like that, I did a short, quick thaw, just enough so I could break them apart, and then put them into individual Foodsaver bags and refroze. It would be nice if they separated the two with something inside the cryo...

Back