WTF Weber?

According to Weber. The new Genesis II is assembled in China at the Weber plant. The parts are sourced globally. Burners are made in Italy. The Genesis II LX with cabinet doors are built in Weber plant in Chicago.

Besides the plant changes, I don't like the other changes to the Genesis. Glad I got mine a few years ago.

Define local? You can buy them from local dealers around here.

I can also buy webers from local dealers around here. Neither products are made in America, which seems to be the concern the OP has

Better Canada than China. At least you a quality product built by folks earning a decent wage, as opposed to el-cheapo "slave" labor employed at Chinese plants (see Walmart, Apple, now Weber, etc.) that have little to no regulatory oversight.

My go to grill is a 35 year old Weber 26" kettle. Sadly, they do not build them like they used to.

Better turn all of your old webers in for scrap and buy some Canadian grills then.

Even though they may start producing their products in China, I think that Weber is still one of the best manufacturers when it comes to grills. They products are well built and good designed.

Back