THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kimo1

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
Kimo1
Morning Brethren!

I have searched far and wide for a water pan liner for my 22.5 and found absolutely zero options. So, I came up with my own. I'd like to gauge the interest, if any on this product. I have a manufacturer, quote, time frame and all that jazz. Just do not know if the need is there.

Why did I do this? The answer is simple. I am tried of scrapping and washing. No matter how well I foil, the grease makes its way through and gets all gunky. If, I use water with the pan foiled, the foil floats because water gets under it. Try to use foil over pan with water and it wants to boil over. I wanted something I could drop in when the cook starts with or without water and toss out when its over.

Here is the 1st draft. The top lip would crimp over the side (may change to no crimp). I am having some adjustments made for the 2nd draft. I would like to hear your thoughts.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Seems like a good idea, the biggest kicker will be the cost. Any idea of a cost?

Yes, I do have a quote in hand. It would "retail" around $1 per. Depending on my order size of course.

Just being honest here, but at $1 I probably wouldn't be a buyer. I know you are probably doing a small run so the cost could come down if this takes off.

At $1...I think I would be inclined to buy a few(10 or so) to try.

and yes I feel your pain...I use a foiled flower pot bottom in a foiled water pan and still fight the clean up issues....not on every smoke...but about one in five or so.

Just being honest here, but at $1 I probably wouldn't be a buyer. I know you are probably doing a small run so the cost could come down if this takes off.

Yeah it comes down with increased order size. I'm getting multiple order amounts from them.

Yeah it comes down with increased order size. I'm getting multiple order amounts from them.

I mean for $1 I would try a few out to see how I like them, but for me to use one every time I smoked it would need to be a bit cheaper.

First off, $1 does not seem that bad to me. My question would be is how sturdy the liner is (you still have to lift it out of the pan) and what material would it be made from?

Interesting idea. I second the "lifting out" idea. If it's too flimsy I can just imagine greasy sloshing over the side and all over my foot and floor.

I don't use water, and don't really have issue with the foil leaking. But I commend you for seeing this through this far.

I might be a buyer anyway. :-D

I must be in the minority cause I use a full water pan for every cook and the next morning just dump the water in to a trash bag and rinse it off. Takes me about 1 minute total. It doesn't have to be perfectly cleaned since no food is going on it.

I use 3 pieces of foil, 1 smaller piece that goes on the very bottom and 2 overlapping pieces that cover the top. Cleanup isn't much of a chore.. just a lot of drippings that goes right into a trash bag. I don't use water BTW...

I'm not sure how a foil pan is the answer..
even if it is made for the water pan.

I simply fill water pan with sand. Easy clean-up (just dump sand)

Is this really a problem that needs to be solved?

Back