THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yeah, that's the beauty. I wasn't really trying to save a buck, but needed one for the cabin and was at WW. Pretty embarrassing to be struggling to get a fire going in front of your relatives.:mad2: Never had that problem with a Weber chimney.

Oh, I forgot to mention the electric ECB.

Heck, I use those all the time....dump a little rubbing alcohol in there & go uptown !!!

EndAug2012Wok040.jpg

I get 'em on closeout for a couple bucks & they last a few years.....a plus is they fit inside a 22" upside-down for transport & the big Weber one almost won't.....

Off set smoker. First time had guest coming for a wedding party so couple of days before I lit grill and only one person said it was good. Creosote chicken and hamburgers ugh. Change of menu for wedding party lol. Smoker rotted in back yard never used again. Sears top of line gas grill. Fish Basket (Now rusty). Cheap Grills

Heck, I use those all the time....dump a little rubbing alcohol in there & go uptown !!!

EndAug2012Wok040.jpg

I get 'em on closeout for a couple bucks & they last a few years.....a plus is they fit inside a 22" upside-down for transport & the big Weber one almost won't.....

I've mastered using it since then. I was use to using 2-3 sheets of newspaper with my Weber chimney, that wasn't working with this one. I started using a paper towel with cooking oil and that solved the problem. Last year I moved my performer to the cabin, 2 minutes with the igniter does the trick.

Those stupid Silicone Gloves...Donated to the wife. Various crappy thermo's...I use the ThermoWorks thermapen/pop/Dot and Igrill Mini.

Somebody touched on this already, but I get more crap BBQ junk for Christmas than I can shake a stick at.

Oh, thanks! I've only been into this hobby for twenty years, I never knew they made these racks for holding up peppers before! And a miniature mop, how cute! Did ya not think that by now if I needed it I woulda bought it? I know it's the thought that counts, but sheesh!

Reichlen meat gloves. Those were horrible.

Bear claws for pulling pork....I swear these things don't work, and end up taking me longer and being frustrated vs just pulling by hand.

Best purchase - cotton gloves to put under the nitrile gloves. Can grab hot meat easily, and still have the dexterity needed to pull meat, seperate fat, etc.

Thermometer Fork from my sister. Not one but two over a three year span. Hard to hide the excitement when she gave them to me. Once she left in the trash they went.
Bear Claws- thought they were the best invention. Don't like them to pull pork. Filed down the tips and gave them to my 5 yr old granddaughter. She was fascinated with them.
Smoke Vault bought mainly for low temp smoking during the winter of snack sticks, sausage, jerky. Never could regulate the temp below 100. It does hold pretty well at 250-275 so use it on occasion when I don't want to use my Stumps. Still a waste of money though.
Various ingredients to make rubs. That was a huge arse waste of money. Never found a good recipe for a rub. Just stick to a few commercial rubs like Oak Ridge and a few others from the Vendor section.

1) Smokeanator - used it a few times for the 22OTG then decided it worked better without it
2) BBQ Therm Forks, people keep buying them for me and they always suck
3) Bear Claws, never used them

Any cooking accessory that is not stainless steel. I'm done buying anything that is not ss. Also one find one needs very little to actually cook. Most stuff out there are useless gadgets.

for last Christmas i was given not one, not two, but three, yes 3 bbq thermometer forks. They have to be the worst grilling tool ever. They are neither a good thermometer or a functional fork.

Same here...got one as a gift an it was horrible. I used it once to be nice to the giver and it broke on the first use, which got me out of ever having to bring it out again.

It was a thoughtful gift, just not well informed. :wink:

Somebody touched on this already, but I get more crap BBQ junk for Christmas than I can shake a stick at.

Oh, thanks! I've only been into this hobby for twenty years, I never knew they made these racks for holding up peppers before! And a miniature mop, how cute! Did ya not think that by now if I needed it I woulda bought it? I know it's the thought that counts, but sheesh!

i know the knick knacks kill me. After this year i politely suggested things like rubs and sauces, you know, stuff that gets consumed..........great now im gonna get like 6 bottles of sweet baby rays next year.

I use to have the same problem when people would buy me tools as gifts. Ive already bought most of the ones i need. The tools i use tend to be top of the line and above gift cost anyway. they say its the thought that counts but if you really thought about it then you wouldnt have bought me dull throwing stars and bright yellow sneaking suit.

i know the knick knacks kill me. After this year i politely suggested things like rubs and sauces, you know, stuff that gets consumed..........great now im gonna get like 6 bottles of sweet baby rays next year.

I use to have the same problem when people would buy me tools as gifts. Ive already bought most of the ones i need. The tools i use tend to be top of the line and above gift cost anyway. they say its the thought that counts but if you really thought about it then you wouldnt have bought me dull throwing stars and bright yellow sneaking suit.

I tell people that insist on buying me food items to buy me Hickory Farms gift boxes

You know, the ones with all the cool little cheeses and mustards and sausages.

Love that crap lol

Back