Why are the smaller Weber Kettle Grills more expensive?

I want to say that the OTG also has the thermometer in the dome, where the OTS doesn't. Not like I rely on that much, still another difference between the two.
Yeah...the dome thermometer is just a rough gauge to tell if something is wrong, either way too high or way too low.

I was at Lowes last night and was looking at the Weber Kettle charcoal grills. I noticed the 22.5 inch Silver Touch was $99 and the 22" One Touch Gold was $150. Granted the Gold has the more sophisticated ash catcher at the bottom but it is a smaller grill. Is the more sophisticated ash catcher worth another $50? Seems a bit out of whack to me. :twitch:

That "Silver" could possibly have been smaller, one way that could happen is if the other one you were looking at was a Master Touch.....it's sort of possible to get them mixed up....enclosed ash can, flip grate ( but it has the removable center also, "Gourmet System) AND that grate is much heavier than the standards & even the regular flip-ups....lid therm, if that matters, and not sure, but I think they will come with a riser or 'warming rack' 1/4 moon shape gizmo that sits on the cook grate, both have these & also charcoal baskets..............

Real point of all this is that the M/T is taller than all the others by several inches, making it somewhat hip for tall people not to have to bend over so much......

Here's a side-by-side of an old & new Mastertouch....the old one being the same height as all the other kettles, even newer Golds, etc.

http://weberkettleclub.com/blog/201...-touch-full-review-and-head-to-head-showdown/

The HomeDepot by me carries the Master Touch in stock for 199. It has lots of upgrades and is definitely worth it. I just got one not long ago. Was going to get Silver seen the Gold then went to Weber to see deference and noticed cream of crop was Master Touch. Since I have a bad back (Surgery) I was looking for taller one. Home Depot was only place locally that had one in stock. This grill is heavy though. Highly Recommend.

Back