THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

dport7

is One Chatty Farker
My ole Maverick ET 732 finally gave up it up. The newest maverick doesn't have the best ratings. I want to know what everyone is using and how its working out
for you.

What are you looking for? I use a basic tp08s I think it is from thermoworks. I have had ) issues except for burnt out probes when forgetting they are in there and doing a burn off LOL o_O..... Inkbirds really good meaters have issues. I would go inkbird or thermo. imho anyway

I have the thermoworks TP08s as mentioned above. Been pretty happy with it. Not the most user friendly interface to learn, but once you have used it a few times you get used to it. I would definitely recommend it, especially considering it’s price.

I will also recommend thermoworks. I have the "smoke" wifi 2 probe temperature monitor, thermopen Mk4 probe, the IR wireless temperature reader, and several thermopop temperature probes. The thermopop is a great value at $35. Thermoworks has been running sales all month.

Thermoworks smoke is pretty much the gold standard. I've been really happy with my inkbird IBBQ-4T as well. It's twice the number of probes and wifi instead of bluetooth. I don't even use my smoke anymore.

I had a few Mavericks and they were all crap. A friend of mine got an inkbird and had nice things to say about it (cheap and it worked). I picked one up a few years back and am quite happy with it. It was cheap and it works. One issue I have had with previous remotes is that they lost signal and never told me they lost signal (we have thick walls in our house). I've never lost signal with the Inkbird and it connects all on its own without any pushing any buttons. I don't use any features except using the temperature reading. For the record, the Inkbird was the cheapest one they had at the time. I think I paid $15 for it, but it's been a few years.

I have a 4 probe Inkbird, and the Meater Block. Both work really well and pretty much problem free. My inkbird is great for just monitoring temp. The Meater allows you to graph and save your cooks. Both have their place. If I could only have one I'd pick the Meater.

For instant read: Thermoworks.
For leave-in: Fireboard.

Tried the thermoworks smoke, returned in the next day. The interface is way too clunky, and the app is painful. It is sad, because I like their physical product the best. It FEELS like it belongs in a commercial kitchen.

I have a Fireboard, but the "competition series" probes are absolute garbage. I had a BBQ guru for 10 years before it still using the original probes, but with my 2 year old fireboard I am down to 2 of the original 6 probes functioning.

The probes are so crappy I cannot recommend the fireboard. The cloud app is fairly buggy where all the data is not always displayed on my iPhone.

The "drive" module works great with my ceramic cookers, but you are not asking about that.

Chris

Thermoworks here.
I've got a Smoke 4 Chan., one of the older Thermapens and a couple of the newer pens that light and rotate displays.

I'm reposting this from another thread.

I'm not knocking any of the ones mentioned above. If your looking for some good range from your phone (Wi-Fi) I've found this one to be really good. Not sure if the 50% off code is still valid though.

Here's the review I did awhile back.

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/s...d.php?t=286402

The Artist Formally Known as Toast

Best? Don’t know-but here’s my current lineup and does what I need.
I’m not in to charts, graphs and beginning to end monitoring. I’m more of a insert temp probe in the 4th Quarter and let’s watch the ending
Thermapen always
Inkbird 4 Bluetooth rechargeable when wanting recliner monitoring
Just ordered Inkbird 2probe
Have Inkbird pen probe NIB
Have Thermoworks DOT NIB

My first remote still working Igrill Mini- watch battery runs down quickly if I don’t remove.

Last edited:
The inkbird ibbq-4T is fantastic. The regular price is $100 and has been for the last year or more. I'm a little disappointed they bumped the price to $120 and then "discounted" it for black Friday. Kinda shady. Now it's "slashed" to $100, which is just the normal price.

I have many inkbird products: thermostats and thermometers. They are really nice products and great value. They often run a 50% off sale. I have two ibbq-4T that I got for $50 each. That's a deal!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Back