THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cheech and Chong

Got Wood.
Name or Nickame
Dave
I see these guys wearing white gloves under their nitrile gloves and they can pick up the hot racks of ribs that way. What kind of gloves are they? Best place to order them?

Thanks,

Daves not here man.
UWgcT9B.jpg

NcEUQSd.jpg

You might get several recommendations on thickness but I use 4mil nitrile gloves. Not real thick but they work great. The cotton gloves are pretty generic across the board. Fortunately for me I get both the cotton and nitrile gloves from work but if I purchased them I think Harbor Freight or Amazon is the best bet.

Hands down the best way to handle hot food. Cheap, you still have great dexterity and provides more than enough protection from the heat. Can easily pull pork with them, grab food off the smoker, pick up the thanksgiving turkey, etc.

The Amazon set is 24 pair for $18, and you can get 6 pair for $5 at Harbor Freight. I've been using the Harbor Freight ones. They can be reused and washed (55/45% cotton/poly). I've tried the vinyl coated gloves and the silicone gloves, but once you get any grease on them, it's hard to hold much of anything. They are so much thicker too. You still have more control with the Nitrile gloves over the white cotton ones IMO, even when you get some grease from picking up food (and a quick change of the over glove fixes that). Also if you are finding the don't block enough heat when dealing with a large amount of meat or pulling meat, just double up on the cotton glove under the nitrile.

https://www.harborfreight.com/string-knit-gloves-6-pr-60640.html

Back