Where can I buy good quality nitrile gloves for BBQ & Food Prep

Chett. L

is one Smokin' Farker
Where can I buy good quality nitrile gloves for BBQ & Food Prep.
The gloves I got from China are crap. As soon as I put my hand in the glove, it tares hole.

I've had pretty good luck with the Harbor Freight gloves, if you can find them. Last year they gave away their stock to healthcare peoples. Since then, the stock is sparse and price hiked.

Lately I've been using gloves that Thirdeye suggested from Sams. They are dirt cheap and really baggy, but great for when you need to throw them out often. I don't feel bad using them for a few minutes and then swapping to a new pair.

Just guessing, I have a large supply of HF gloves, but perhaps try a medical supply store. Also, there may not exist a non-made-in-China source of nitrile gloves.

I've been using Sam's Club Members Mark nitrile exam gloves for years. For the price, they cannot be beat. Seem to have taken a price jump in the past year or so. They never carry anything larger that Large size in the store and I cannot find them on their website. Minor gripe as a result of both Sam's and Walmart websites: they need to up their game to compete with Amazon IMHO. So many things that I know are in their stores, do not come up on the website.

Good luck with your search.

Thanks,

Robert

I've used the ones from Harbor Freight and I think the ones I bought were 9 mil thick and they were the thickest I have used in any nitrile glove. I will definitely buy again.

I've bought mine from Amazon but I haven't need to buy since the start of the pandemic so I'm not sure about price increases or availability. Grainger also sells them too

I bought Medicom Vulcan nitrile gloves from Costco, and I really like it. I think I paid $10 for the 150 count box. The gloves are much thicker than Kirkland nitrile exam gloves 200 count which I also have. Kirkland exam gloves works fine for me as well but Medicom Vulcan are definitely more heavy duty and thicker. Both are more than sufficient for BBQ and food prep.

I have used the ones from Sam's Club and I noticed a display of them about a week ago, and they were at least double the price I remembered paying.
I was passing through Lowes paint department a short while back and they had quite a selection, but we'll over $20 a box.

Harbour Freight too. I just the 5 mil XL for over their cotton gloves. Got a bunch when the were $5 for 100 now like $15

The one thing I don't understand about nitrile gloves, is , are nitrile gloves that are sold at auto parts, builders construction etc. FOOD SAFE? meaning is there a concern regarding PHTHALATES. Phthalates for people that don't know are, man-made chemicals compounds in plastics & solvents. Now there are many, rubber, vinyl products made that are Phthalates free, under prop 65. :shock:

Back