THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

rw02kr43

Full Fledged Farker
I have 2 kettles and a smokefire. They are messy and I want to clean them. What is your favorite degreaser or deuglier you like to use?

Thanks
Jason

Simple Green and a razor blade.
Let the Simple Green soak in scrape it with the razor then finish it off with soap, water and a Scotch pad or 00 steel wool.

After each cook I clean my grate with a scraper, clean the bottom with a plastic scraper and a cheap chip-brush, and clean the outside with Windex. (Mild glass cleaner was what Weber recommended to clean the exterior with before the new people took over).

If things get gummed up I put it in oven cleaner mode using a hot fire and the gunk tends to burn off by itself. I don’t remember using anything stronger than Dawn.

I’ve also bought a big washtub to soak the smoker grates in hot water & dishwashing detergent which worked great but the weld areas of the grate started to rust.

The new Dawn power wash also works great for cleaning up the rotisserie after a cook. I bet it would do a good job on the grates and bowl.

My tools to clean bowl after each cook. It cleaned this mess up. The chip brushes are 36 for $11 at harbor freight. I buy them for chips on my metal lathe but they are a great cheap brushes for other stuff. The scraper is part of a set at harbor freight.

BDC1820-C-44-C8-4-CEC-9105-AD9886-A327-EC.jpg

Last edited:
Scrape clean and if doing a deep clean a pressure washer.

Or if you believe the TV, just spray with clean boss and then cook again!

Inside: a ball of aluminum foil. Outside, never have had to worry about it, just some water and dish soap to clean off bird poop etc.

Outside nothing. Inside I scrape the grill after every cook with a scraper and brush. Occasionally I'll flip the grill over and do the same. The sides I typically will let the heat from the coals take care of that. Once a year or so I'll take a wire wheel on a drill to the grill,

Back