THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

xB64wa6l.jpg

Ry8QfZSl.jpg

Some old pics of "smash burger" style burgers, by far my fav. thing to make on the griddle :becky:

No thanks

I spent about 15 years managing Burger drive-ins where we cooked on a 6 foot long by 3 feet deep flat grill. At one time my joint had the record for cooking 12,800 burgers in one day. Pass on any morefun on grills.

+1 on the Blackstone. Don't use mine as often as I should, but when I do, it rocks. Want to cook 1lb of bacon, 12 sausage patties, a mess of hashbrowns and 10 pieces of french toast all at one time ? Not a problem. Work in stages as well. As the bacon and sausage shrink up, move them all closer together to regain the space. While they are finishing off to the side, go ahead and scramble up 1 dozen eggs and throw them on as well. Total cook time ? Under 20 mins from start to finish.

As for clean up, scrape the griddle down, wipe with a paper towel, lightly coat with oil and you are finished. All of the above would take 5 large frying pans and a 5 burner stove to bring everything off the fire at the same time.

I too grew up cooking breakfasts in a restaurant. This cooker is about as close as you can get to a big flat top. When I have company over it's the best choice for me.

Two summers I worked as groundskeeper during the week flattop cook on weekends at a small country club. Best was summer between 8&9 grade. Bikinis- Burgers-split dogs-bacon and grill cheese-bikinis. I have no bad memories of those two summers. Good Lord they were grand.

Gonna make some breakfast tomorrow on mine. Did steak and shimp hibachi Sunday night and chicken and shrimp fajitas tonight. The little flattop puts out a ton of food.

It has actually paid for itself almost in two meals. The wife and I love hibachi and it usually costs us 120 to 150 bucks to go out to eat it with beverages. If we go out for Mexican it could be close to 70 bucks with margaritas and tip. Figure a few more ccoks and I'll be ahead of the game. The food is just as good as restaurant quality food if not better.

I'm pretty sure I'm getting one for Christmas! Will most likely be the 2 burner version. (cost). I can't wait! Any tips/suggestions/knowledge to pass on for a first time flat top cooker?

I think the 2 burner is the 28". That's the one that was on sale Black Friday, which is what leads me to believe that's the one I'm getting (I woulda gotten myself the 36")

It's great if you want to cook some Philly sandwiches...
View attachment 136028

Or if you want to cook chicken AND beef fajitas with the trimmings, all on one surface instead of spreading it out over four or five pans and burners in a kitchen that's just getting hotter and hotter...
View attachment 136027

Personally I have no idea how I lived without it.

Last edited:
I was just in my local Walmart after work today. They had 10 28" Blackstone griddles there for $99. I was very tempted to buy one on the spot. I might actually buy 2, one for our church and one for me. We have several events at church that we grill hamburger, hot dogs, etc. on that these would work well for us. I put together a cinder block pit and grate that we use by haven't been pleased with how it cooks.

Back