THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So tempting. We have talked about getting one. Looked around the backyard and considered where it might fit. Moved our other 8 cookers around and thought hmmmm what's one more??? I am guessing one day Tom will have an amazon prime beer motivated shopping spree and one will show up at our front door. That is how I got my black stone pizza grill. Best day ever !!!! I did buy him a case of Dos Equis for taco night. My fingers are crossed. :-D

When I had close to 15 cookers out on the patio I admit it was a site to see.
North wall is Blackstone-Primo XL- Tiernan SOB-
East Sidewalk to Gate- The Pit Barrel Cooker
South Wall- Big Green Egg- Mini
The others are either in Garage or in wife's Storage Shed(s)

To me charcoal is king. I've got a Weber GA-Gas that travels with me at times and during Chile pepper season it sees light duty for colorful chiles- that's about it at home.
I know a lot of folks use gas grills- I fully understand the convenience and time saving. I'm just at that point in my life I'm not in that big of a hurry.

Sometimes you just can't apply logic to things, especially when dealing with BBQ or Outdoor cooking stuff. Sometimes you just need a new toy. At least that's how it works for me.

I certainly don't need all the cookers that I have, but I wanted them and that outweighed the NEED element.

I'm still in the "what's the big deal" camp. I haven't seen anything that's made me want to run to get one.... yet.

Couldn't agree more

When I had close to 15 cookers out on the patio I admit it was a site to see.
North wall is Blackstone-Primo XL- Tiernan SOB-
East Sidewalk to Gate- The Pit Barrel Cooker
South Wall- Big Green Egg- Mini
The others are either in Garage or in wife's Storage Shed(s)

To me charcoal is king. I've got a Weber GA-Gas that travels with me at times and during Chile pepper season it sees light duty for colorful chiles- that's about it at home.
I know a lot of folks use gas grills- I fully understand the convenience and time saving. I'm just at that point in my life I'm not in that big of a hurry.

'I'm not in that big of a hurry'. Wise words for the world.

I would like to have one for indoor use can't you just get a flat grill surface and place on top of a gas grill and cook on that

Dang it! I'm going to propose that NO photos be allowed on this site! Every time I get on here and see them what little money I have just jumps out of my pocket!
Where do they sell these griddles??!

Dang it! I'm going to propose that NO photos be allowed on this site! Every time I get on here and see them what little money I have just jumps out of my pocket!
Where do they sell these griddles??!

They are available everywhere Groupon, Amazon, Walmart, Lowes, Home Depot I think Bed Bath and Beyond etc. what makes them interesting other than being solid cookers is the prices can vary 50-100$ depending on sales. Shipping is usually free via Groupon- Prime Free available Amazon.

Brethren found Black Friday Walmart $99.

Shop around save money.

I would like to have one for indoor use can't you just get a flat grill surface and place on top of a gas grill and cook on that

I cooked with a lodge cast iron griddle for a while on my gasser before upgrading to the blackstone. If you're cooking just the occasional thing in small quantities here and there, it works fine. If you want to take things to the next level or cook for a crowd, get the blackstone.

Lookin' good Adams. If I didn't already have the 36" Blackstone, I'd buy one of these while they are on sale.
Hope you and family had a great Thanksgiving. :thumb:

Sometimes you just can't apply logic to things, especially when dealing with BBQ or Outdoor cooking stuff. Sometimes you just need a new toy. At least that's how it works for me.

I certainly don't need all the cookers that I have, but I wanted them and that outweighed the NEED element.

Preach brother!

Totally agree BUT limited resources and space does lead to prioritization.

Saw those pics and broke into a cold sweat. Through high school and several years of college I was a breakfast cook at a Big Boy Restaurant in Dallas (Kip's). At work at 0530 to fire up the grills, cooking many dozens of eggs, pancakes galore and pounds of bacon each morning with hash browns, toast.......Arrggghh! I clogged my arteries just being near. It was years before I could bear to cook eggs again but somehow I never lost my zeal for bacon...

I have a family of 4. Just ordered the Blackstone Tailgater to use as my gas grill. Box looks big enough for burgers, dogs, sausage, etc. for my weekday after work cooks. Griddle side definitely big enough for some stir fry, flat top burgers, all that stuff. Like most of us, I'll always choose wood/charcoal when there's time. The thing that intrigues me about the tailgater is the ease of converting it to just be a burner to use your CI skillets, or boil water, cook chili, whatever. I'm hoping it's a great weeknight answer and also a good auxiliary burner and griddle when doing big cooks on the main rig. Very excited for the arrival. I feel like I bought a griddle, a gas grill, and a 20,000 btu burner all for under $200.

It was a sad day this weekend when I packed mine up for the upcoming Chicago winter. :sad: Wish I had a covered area to keep it in.

There isn't a better way to cook breakfast for a family of 6. You can fry multiple pounds of bacon, 6+ large pancakes or a whole loaf of French toast at one time. Also love smashburgers and phillys. Was happy with fried rice and fajitas. And I was just getting started. One of the best purchases I've made.

It was a sad day this weekend when I packed mine up for the upcoming Chicago winter. :sad: Wish I had a covered area to keep it in.

There isn't a better way to cook breakfast for a family of 6. You can fry multiple pounds of bacon, 6+ large pancakes or a whole loaf of French toast at one time. Also love smashburgers and phillys. Was happy with fried rice and fajitas. And I was just getting started. One of the best purchases I've made.
This.

It scales so well. Fire it up and get it ready. Back off to 2 burners for 2 people, or leave 3-4 going for many, many people.

Breakfast absolutely shines on the Blackstone. A ton of potatoes, bacon, eggs, French Toast, Pancakes, etc. I cooked in a couple of Kitchens with griddles in my late teens/early 20's while working to help pay the bills when I was a Starving Student. Brings back great memories and great tastes.

I don't use mine a lot but agree with the benefit for breakfast. I had a family staying with us for a few days this summer before they moved (to Alaska). Made French toast for 14 people on a Sunday morning before church, after which they headed out. Easy to get hot food for everyone on that size griddle.

Back