What was first thing you learned to cook

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
First thing I remember learning to cook was a fried bologna sandwich in a Wagner cast iron skillet. Mom taught me how to slice an edge to keep the bologna flat, Dad taught be how leave it alone and allow it to bubble and get a nice burnt ring bubble- then fill that bubble with Fritos. Always white bread, toast optional. I remember that Sunbeam toaster being scarier than most anything in the kitchen. It would shock you plugging it in, light unattended toast afire.

Good times

What do you first remember cooking

Eggs and toast I think. Similar to 16Adams. I remember the metal strip that went around the counter top would knock the crap outa ya if you leaned up against it with no shirt on reaching for something.

Cereal? I can’t remember, but I’m sure it was probably toast or maybe a hot dog.

Bologna ,Hot Dogs and probably Chicken since we own the local Chick-Fil-A's
First on a offset was ribs and butts

Not really cooking, but probably condensed canned soup. Used to have lunch ready for when Dad came home for lunch. Don't know what age, but i needed to stand on a chair to see inside the pot on that old propane stove.

Mom taught me how to baste eggs in a big old black iron pan, with a lid so heavy I could barely lift it at the time. This quickly evolved into fried egg sammiches with lots of mayo on toast.

Last edited:
Back