THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Get the best value and most practical for your budget. Paint it PINK to satisfy her. If she doesnt like it buy her a new pair of shoes and tell her to shut the hell up, im working here.

My goodness fellas stop giving vagina so much power.

Stove/Oven...

In my house kitchen, I have an old Garland commercial stove with oven. I paid 200 bucks for it, and it didn't work. Cost me 30 bucks for a sensor, and no more problems for the last 6 or 7 years. Set the oven temp, and it won't vary a degree. I love the thing.
In my winter home in Mexico, I have an 8 burner stove top, set up in my outdoor kitchen, converted to propane. I had to make new gaskets for 5 of the burners, and clean it up some. It came out of a restaurant in Lake Tahoe; Paid 100 bucks for it. Originally cost 5000 bucks.
There are deals out there, especially with so many restaurants closing down. Check the restaurant auctions, for some great deals.
jim Peterson
Carson City Nevada/Bacubirito Sinaloa Mexico

Convection is very nice if you do a lot of baking and if you ever cook a multi-course meal for a crowd then a double oven is a necessity - as wide as you can fit.

But most on this site also have an outside 'oven' which works as well or better than what is in the kitchen.

I have always preferred a gas cooktop over electricity but I have recently become very intrigued by the induction cooktops. The Mrs. wants me to buy and try a portable induction cooktop before I buy a big one (multi-burner) for the kitchen.

Blue Star ranges are also outstanding, comparable to Wolf ranges. I happen to prefer them. I was gonna mention, any higher end gas range required a full sized gas feed. You are going to want to make sure you get enough flow of gas to the stove.

Looks like you've made up your mind on a gas range. Good choice going with gas!

This is what I use. I love the old stuff!! It was built to last and last it does!
Both these stoves work great.

This one here I have in my back house. Paid 70.00 for it on ebay.
Then picked it up not far from my home. Everything works!!
IMG_4020_zpss1lmusan.jpg

Bought this one a few years ago on ebay from Ill. I love this thing!!
IMG_4702_zpspxntf9hp.jpg

The old stuff is not for everybody but just wanted to let you know about that one other option..
Good luck on your new purchase!!

I bought a Wolf range with 4 burners and infrared grill. I have had it about 10 years and replaced the infrared grill once. I like cooking steaks, burgers, chicken indoors during the hot and cold months. I has limited grill space but a can get 8 burgers at a time. The bigger issue is smoke, I have a thermador 48" vent hood with a roof top vent motor able to suck 1800cfm. The only drawback is on high speed it will suck the ac out of the house. I usually have it on low or medium. The vent hood has 2-90 watt floods and 2- 50 watt r-20 spots. Oven also has infrared broiler. It is a pain to keep clean, as the hood requires constant cleaning just like a commercial hood would. Hope this helps

I have a Bosch gas top with a simmer burner, a combo high BTU/simmer burner and two other burners. The oven is a duel fan electric convection with bake/roast plus conventional bake and broil had it for five years and love it. I would love to have a Wolf or equivalent but unfortunately I do not have the $10+K to burn.

Forgot to mention the oven also has a Proof, keep warm and dehydrate modes. I believe we paid about $ 900.00

Our oven stove crapped out about 6 years ago... My wife wanted a viking because of all of the hype in magazines. I did a search on-line and found hundreds of unresolved claims with the appliance such as igniting itself for for reason.

I then found the WOLF line and was completely taken by the quality and workmanship. We thought about the double oven, but went with the wider 36" oven with 6 top burners so we can use full size sheet pans in them. We also chose gas only, less maintenance and cheaper fuel when compared to electric rates.

BTW if you don't like red knobs (tell tale wolf) you can get black knobs if you ask.

Totally stainless with cast burners, superb quality and craftsmanship....

Last edited:
Don't even think you can kill this thread SD.
I've already requested that it goes to the woodpile for further evaluation.
We want to keep giving you our opinions. Just sayin!! :p :wink: :becky:

Back