THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is your favorite steak cut?

• Filet mignon

Votes: 14 7.0%
  • Strip

Votes: 23 11.5%
  • T-bone/Porter House

Votes: 21 10.5%
  • Rib eye

Votes: 124 62.0%
  • Flat iron

Votes: 7 3.5%
  • Sirloin

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Other

Votes: 8 4.0%

• Total voters
Another for rib eye. Yup it sure seems like loyalty and caring about your job doesn't go as far as it used to. Good luck and I like to say, the cream always rises to the top

I voted strip, but with a stipulation, It has to be well marbled. Ribeyes are hit and miss in regards to marbling, I love a good ribeye, but most of the ones I see in my price range are solid meat with almost no marbling. I'd rather have a decently marbled strip than a poorly marbled ribeye currently. I'd honestly rather hunt for a well marbled select tri tip roast. More bang for the buck @ $4.99/lb.

Ribeye is my favorite by far. I took a class with Diva Q a couple years ago (Traeger Workshop) and she smoked up some Snake River Farms Gold Waygu ribeye steaks and they were easily the best steaks I've ever had in my life. I went back for seconds, and there was enough to go back for thirds and fourths. haha

Other: pork chop

I picked ribeye. I don't eat steak very much but when I pick them up, I look at ribeyes. If I ever saw a chuckeye, I would give it a try.

Back