THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is your favorite steak cut?

• Filet mignon

Votes: 14 7.0%
  • Strip

Votes: 23 11.5%
  • T-bone/Porter House

Votes: 21 10.5%
  • Rib eye

Votes: 124 62.0%
  • Flat iron

Votes: 7 3.5%
  • Sirloin

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Other

Votes: 8 4.0%

• Total voters
Voted Ribeye. Recently have made two orders from Snake River Farms for flat iron steaks. Not a lot of fat, but are super tender and beefy flavor. Not really snob-ish about my steaks as I will eat any one of them, but do have my preferences. Filet will be low on the list due to cost. New York Strips are probably my least favorite, as they seem to have a grainy texture to them. Does anyone else have that grainy experience or is it just me?

So to hear about the job. Hoping for better days ahead.

Robert

Last edited:
I said Filet....but also like the flavor of sirloin...and the fattiness of a ribeye.

At Christmas I splurge and get Greg Norman Wagyu filets..tender and flavorful due to the small amount of fat in this usually lean cut.

I like steak. I can't think of any that I don't like properly cooked. We usually have strip, tenderloin or flat iron, in that order. I tend to steer away from ribeye, preferring roast prime rib with that part of the cow.

Last edited:
Thanks folks for participating and for the kind words. I want to work for another year or 2 before I retire so I am looking for opportunities in Technical Project Management. Shout out to Stlsportster for providing me some great leads!

I'll say bone-in rib eye for the flavor, but I really like skirt steak for its simplicity...couple minutes on each side and you're eating.

We had a round of furloughs at my place too. None had been there a long as you. Was a sad situation.

This has been a crappy year

/toast "to better times"

Bummer about the job. Worked for a company 34 years until it went OOB in 2009 with a number of long time co-workers also losing their jobs. Worked for two companies since then and took a couple more hits I won't go into. Still work for the third company and things are looking pretty good. Can't afford to retire. Resigned to the reality that I will work until I kick. I'm okay with that.

Keep your chin up. Your situation will work out.

Ribeye for the win. I have had disappointments with a lot of steaks but can't remember the last time a ribeye broke my heart.
Best wishes on the job front. I hope you get to end your working life on your own terms.

Back