THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

got14u

is one Smokin' Farker
Haven't been around in awhile but thought I would throw up some pics of a smoker I am working on right now. I don't have tons of time so it has gone a little slow but hopefully should be done in the next 2 weeks or so. The owner opted for 3/16 metal for this so that is what it is made out of. We broke the main body and welded the rest up. It started out being a gas assisted smoker but he has changed his mind so no it will just be el natural…lol

I am also throwing up some pics of a 55 gallon smoker I just finished for pigdog here, he should come get it next week some time. thanks for looking

body broke in the break 48" tall when stood up
336797809_photobucket_14946_.jpg

ash pan before the break
336797809_photobucket_16388_.jpg

ash pan in the break
336797809_photobucket_16389_.jpg

ash pan after the break
336797809_photobucket_16390_.jpg

smoke stack baffle inside
336797809_photobucket_20511_.jpg

baffle for fire box opening
336797809_photobucket_22564_.jpg

bad picture of the fire box
336797809_photobucket_20513_.jpg

here is the body and fire box welded up along with the guts of it.
336797809_photobucket_22563_.jpg

and here are the pics of the 55 gallon drum
336797809_photobucket_22945_.jpg

I have built a couple not hundreds but probably around 10 or so. The prices really depend on the buyer. If you go with 1/4 inch it really raises the price. This one would probably be around $2000.00 maybe of a little bit on that but close. I also deliver within 300 miles of me, but I live in the middle of no where Wyoming :becky:
Nice!

How many have you built before and whats the going rate for something like this?

What do you do for a living?
How would one go about getting their welding and metal fab skills up to par?

I really really have NO excuse because I have a jeep that I have modded like crazy AND i used to be a mechanic AND i have welding experience but I haven't ever welded anything important since high school lol

Nice looking build for sure!
How many hours of work goes into something like this for you (including drawing up the plans etc)?

Oh man... do you have designs????

My problem is that I'm too far away to order something like that. However, my brither can fabricate anything! He's got all that sort of gear... but he's a BBQ retard. If I had some plans, maybe I could get him to make me something out of scrap he's got lying around!

Any chance, PM me please!

Cheers!

Bill

I weld for a living. If you are serious I would take some welding classes at a college. The hours all depend on how "murphy" is going to treat me...lol...probably around 40 give or take some
What do you do for a living?
How would one go about getting their welding and metal fab skills up to par?

I really really have NO excuse because I have a jeep that I have modded like crazy AND i used to be a mechanic AND i have welding experience but I haven't ever welded anything important since high school lol

Nice looking build for sure!
How many hours of work goes into something like this for you (including drawing up the plans etc)?

it is nice to have all the tools
Sigh... If I had a farking shop like that...

Thats looking awesome bro! Great job!
Cheers

I really don't have anything like that. More like sketches on paper. I'm sure if you showed him this he can look at it and build it. thx for all the compliments
Oh man... do you have designs????

My problem is that I'm too far away to order something like that. However, my brither can fabricate anything! He's got all that sort of gear... but he's a BBQ retard. If I had some plans, maybe I could get him to make me something out of scrap he's got lying around!

Any chance, PM me please!

Cheers!

Bill

Back