Smoked Coyote Crap

PitRow

is one Smokin' Farker
Name or Nickame
Mike
Smoker warming up to 250

2 cups brown sugar, 1 cup margarine, 1/2 cup corn syrup; bring to a boil for 5 minutes

Remove from heat, stir in 1/2 tsp baking soda, pour over 14 oz bag of Cheetos in a large bowl. Stir well to coat

Into a greased disposable pan.

Into the smoker, stir every 15 minutes for an hour

98dff2d73065329c9917a84ef4c6e91b.jpg

After an hour, remove from heat and cool slightly ( so you don’t burn your hands) and break it up.

Enjoy
bdfc323c258ee388536bed53453d1505.jpg

Oddly sweet and savory. I can’t stop munching. I think next time I’ll add some cayenne pepper to the mix. Or maybe the last of my Habanero Death Dust :thumb: And I'll probably use real butter instead of margarine.

Looks good Mike.

Maybe the Jalepeno or Hot Stuff version of the Cheeto's would work as well.

I need this like a hole in the head, but will add this to the list of things to try.....

Thanks

I'm doing a very low-carb diet. I'm afraid I won't be trying this one. At least not for a while. Wonder how many carbs are in .0001 oz of that? :-D Qing is one of those things that makes me just slap my knee when I read recipes. There are many things that I can eat or alter and then eat. But there are so many things that I see that look sooo good and I have to pass on. :sad: Oh well, have some for me. Maybe I will eat particularly good for a while and try some for a treat one day. Shure looks good.

I'm doing a very low-carb diet. I'm afraid I won't be trying this one. At least not for a while. Wonder how many carbs are in .0001 oz of that? :-D Qing is one of those things that makes me just slap my knee when I read recipes. There are many things that I can eat or alter and then eat. But there are so many things that I see that look sooo good and I have to pass on. :sad: Oh well, have some for me. Maybe I will eat particularly good for a while and try some for a treat one day. Shure looks good.

yup. so many Q recipes have a metric ton of sugar in particular. I have gone to sugar free BBQ sauces tho there aren't many to choose from (which is fine) and they are only ~ok~ at best. This is why brisket has become my new obsession. being on carnivore diet this is a smoked cut of meat that rarely calls for sugar in the rubs and I can tear into for cheap (prime brisket at sams is $5/lb).

but a lot of these recipes do look excellent and I wanna try when I reach the weight I wanna be at, about 25-30 more lbs to go

Added to the list of must do. My wife and I already make a similar recipe, although cooked in the oven, using Chester's Butter puffs that we call Christmas Crack because it is so hard to stop eating it once you've had the first bite.

Thanks for the recipe.

Robert

I hear ya on that one. I had a gastric sleeve done back in May and because my stomach is so small now I'm supposed to focus on eating proteins and avoid carbs, but every once in a while you just have to splurge or you'll go crazy. It'll probably take me a month or more to finish these, aside from the initial splurge when I made them I only eat 2 or 3 a day now.

Back