THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Since I only have Kettles right now here is my Version of Low n Slow Set up
A Few butts on Ranch Kettle I Just put fire on one side of kettle no matter what size.

A few Butts On the 26

Ribs n Fattie on 22

Yes you can do it !! :clap2:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=107446
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=165643
And a drawing that has been around for a long time. Unless you want to cook at the lowest temps, the water pan is not needed and burns up more fuel.
weber.jpg

Six racks of STL's for Thanksgiving a few years back

UfhxMjIh.jpg

Both the 22 and 26 with the SnS set ups. 26 has the easy spin grate too. Wouldn't have it any other way. :grin:

uOb1ebrh.jpg

I have wondered for a while now if I’d be able to get six racks of St. Louis ribs on my 26 kettle. Always end up doing the larger cooks on my MAK because I know things will fit. May have to load down the kettle here soon and give it a real workout. Just picked up a once used PBC today on marketplace for dirt cheap. Look forward to doing PBC cooks once in a while, again.

I have wondered for a while now if I’d be able to get six racks of St. Louis ribs on my 26 kettle. Always end up doing the larger cooks on my MAK because I know things will fit. May have to load down the kettle here soon and give it a real workout. Just picked up a once used PBC today on marketplace for dirt cheap. Look forward to doing PBC cooks once in a while, again.

I mean you can't beat the beast of a MAK you have but other than my offset I didn't have any big cookers since I sold my Hunsaker an the PBC. The kettle was painless as heck and I had things to do. Loaded it up with charcoal, put them on the rack and used wood skewers to not impede airflow and walked away. :mrgreen: Probably added a little more charcoal in few hours and that's it. You just have to give yourself an extra hour or two since it's a heavy load but it chugged along fine with no attention or wrapping until I pulled it off.

I still have my PBJ which could've managed the six racks with a little finesse as I've done six racks of BB's but it was at the cabin. So there. :grin: Can't beat a cheap PBC though.

I was a latecomer to the Slow n' Sear, but have become a solid convert once I got one. Prior to that, I used bricks for years, with very good results. It's amazing what a simple kettle can do with a few simple mods!

+1 for the Slow n Sear.

I also used bricks for many years with excellent results, and I resisted the SnS as an unnecessary gimmick until I got one.

Now it never leaves my kettle unless I need to use the snake method. It's just extremely convenient and well designed.

Two bricks and a pan full of water is still pretty capable if you don't want to spend money though.

Another one here for the slow and sear. I spent many, many, many years piling the coals on one side of a weber and cooking on the other. Then I was gifted a weber for a Father's Day gift and it came with the two small baskets. After seeing the slow and sear videos, I bought one, and have never looked back.

Next week I'm traveling for Thanksgiving and am in charge of cooking the Turkey....on a 30+ year weber kettle. I'll put a pan in the middle to catch the drippings, and have the coals split on each side. What a flexible cooker!!!

Used to be Weber + 2 Bricks before I upgraded to SnS v2. It actually got me using the Weber more than I had in the recent past. Mainly use it for searing jobs or smoke then sear jobs.
fZQtnhcl.jpg

I picked up a PK 360 which has more or less displaced my Weber + SnS combo. I'm back to using the brick. For now it works as well as any. Might look at picking up some Weber Charcoal baskets instead of the expensive charcoal grate sold by PK. That said the brick works fine for now lol.
eR3kboyl.jpg

Back