Weber grills

On youtube checking out all the video for the Broil King Regal and Imperial grills.

10 year warranty on the burners and 2 year on parts and paint.
Seriously don't know where you are getting your info from:

Attachments

• New Bitmap Image (2).jpg
    New Bitmap Image (2).jpg
    99 KB · Views: 202
Weber is the way to go. I am rebuilding my 2009 summit and called Weber up. 25 year warranty on my cook box and lid. Sent me new ones without question. 10 years on burner tubes, grates and flavorizer bars. No brainer for me.
The problem is that the current generation of Weber gassers have nothing to do with their predecessors. For example, current model year Genesis are made in China. I think only the charcoal grills and maybe Summit are still built in the USA.

The problem is that the current generation of Weber gassers have nothing to do with their predecessors. For example, current model year Genesis are made in China. I think only the charcoal grills and maybe Summit are still built in the USA.

Actually the Weber Genesis II LX which the OP was considering is made in Palatine, IL.

Actually the Weber Genesis II LX which the OP was considering is made in Palatine, IL.
You are right. I didn't realize that they were different. But the "regular" Genesis II is made in China.

Attachments

• New Bitmap Image (2).jpg
    New Bitmap Image (2).jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 198
Here's the thing about Weber warranty in later generation Gennys (about 2009 - 2016); all of the "bulletproof stuff" has a great warranty, i.e. the firebox, lid, flavorizers, etc. What didn't have much warranty coverage was the frame, panels, cart, whatever you want to call it. What I've seen happen to quite a lot of them is that everything to do with the "grill part" of the grill was still in great shape, but the freaking carts started rusting out from underneath in just a couple of years. And no, Weber usually wasn't very helpful with the issue, other than to offer to sell replacement parts.

Now, going back before that, to the Silver/Gold/Platinum A/B/C models and even older, the 1000-5000 or even older, the Genny 1-5's ? Those things were and still are almost absolutely bulletproof. I've seen fewer of those with rust issues after all these years than I have of the 2007-2016 generations.

It's a forum, I get it. But if someone wants a gas grill, great! Let them get one. I have a 4 year old Genesis and love it. I've gotten a smoker now too, but the Genesis can do a lot that the smoker can't. Mine's made in the USA. One of the reasons I bought it. It's a nice heavy duty grill. The grates won't be an issue. They're about 3/16" thick. The flavorizer bars clean up easily. It fires up in 1-2 seconds. And there's not a spot of rust on it. It's seen 95* and 100% humidity to -18* with 3' of snow. It stays outside under the patio with a cover on it most of the year. Lowes, HD and True Value all have parts readily available (in the US at least). Are they still made in the USA? Idk. But I love mine! Good luck with your decision.

The Gen II's are not well reviewed....

There's a Wired review out there that is pretty damning.... Understand it is Wired, but still.

My brother in law just went around and around and around on Gen I v. Gen II. The price increase of the new ones was too much, and the specs weren't up to speed compared to the old.

He was at Home Depot the other day and there was a Weber rep there soliciting input on their new line, which isn't the best sign. The rep was also not well educated in the current line up or it's comparison to the old.

At that price point, I'd be looking at Napoleon grills.

When I got my WSCG last weekend, I gifted my 2011 S-330 to a good friend. Prior to doing that, I contacted Weber support and provided them information and pictures of wear and tear to include the lid liner rusting, burner tubes wearing, and the ignition system went out. They reviewed the information and are sending a new lid. The ignition was out of warranty, but they threw one in as a one time courtesy. The tubes they say weren't bad, so I'll get another picture when they get worse and get them for him.

This is one of the reasons I am a Weber fan.

^^^Weber customer service has always been great. But there is no denying the quality of the gassers, at least, has slipped considerably. There are better choices. A couple of years ago, I probably have have said something different. As a former owner of a Silver B (given to a friend over the winter), it's sad to see how far they have slipped, really.

Not bashing. Weber does make good grills. But, don't look at them through nostalgia tinted rose colored glasses, either. That's all.

Ten years down the road Weber will still have replacement parts available. Who else does it that well?

I bought a Kitchenaid years ago not knowing it was made by NexGrill in China. Kitchenaid just licensed out their name and two years down the road my grill had a blowout in a tube that melted all my ignition wires and assembly with no parts available. That will never happen with Weber.

You can usually find a used Summit on Craigslist for a good price.

Good luck!

Not bashing. Weber does make good grills. But, don't look at them through nostalgia tinted rose colored glasses, either. That's all.

Like I said before the OP is looking at a Weber G II LX model. So no rose colored glasses here. Just looking at a well built product with a great warranty and replacement parts readily available. I know your a BK fan and that's cool to each there own. I understand your feelings about them making a couple models in China "Which still have a stellar warranty". But is it really fair to claim these models inferior without you ever owning one or have cooked on one ? Only time will tell if there new models will hold up "Not all Weber models are made in China". But with there reputation I wouldn't hesitate to pull the Trigger on a Weber. How long have they been around ?

Here's the thing about Weber warranty in later generation Gennys (about 2009 - 2016); all of the "bulletproof stuff" has a great warranty, i.e. the firebox, lid, flavorizers, etc. What didn't have much warranty coverage was the frame, panels, cart, whatever you want to call it. What I've seen happen to quite a lot of them is that everything to do with the "grill part" of the grill was still in great shape, but the freaking carts started rusting out from underneath in just a couple of years. And no, Weber usually wasn't very helpful with the issue, other than to offer to sell replacement parts.

Now, going back before that, to the Silver/Gold/Platinum A/B/C models and even older, the 1000-5000 or even older, the Genny 1-5's ? Those things were and still are almost absolutely bulletproof. I've seen fewer of those with rust issues after all these years than I have of the 2007-2016 generations.

Agree. I think mine is a 2007 model and the cart has been the weak point. The bottom is well on its way to rusting through even though I've tried to repaint it etc. on the warranty/service. I've found Weber to be very good by the standards of most products, but not at the level that I've seen of some of the BBQ related companies which are incredible.

The burners would be an example. They are looking for rust through before they have to replace them. The performance can deteriorate before that. Depending on the rep, you might get an earlier replacement or might not.

I will say that the availability of parts, even if you have to pay for them, is a huge benefit of going with Weber vs some other companies. Don't know enough about how BK supports units years down the road to have an opinion on those

My issue, I suppose it comes down to marketing budget and nostalgia, is people will spend hours/days/weeks researching the perfect pit, but when it comes to the gasser, they run to the big box store and buy whatever Chinese made crap is on the floor. Usually Weber or Charbroil without considering the alternatives, including but no limited to BK.

Comes down to price as well. In my last house I had a built in Lynx gasser that I got a great deal on when a local grill shop went out of business. Best gasser ever with Brass burners that weighed about 17 pounds each and will most likely last forever, but that grill retailed for $5,000.

I think most people who "run to the big box store" are going with the intention of spending $500 or less, and not extensively researching their purchase.

Back