We open tomorrow!

Hope everything is going well! I looked at your FB page....I'm really digging the way you designed the restaurant. Looks awesome! Best of luck!

I will. So far the response has been very positive (I've been smoking for friends and neighbors for years) but it will be interesting to see how it goes over when people have to actually pay for it! Obviously BBQ is already very popular here with yakiniku, yakitori, and all of the river and park picnics that people have, but this will definitely be something a little different.
The funny thing about yakiniku and yakitori, when you test out the concept in the States, it always goes over well, but, once you start actually trying to see it on a day to day basis, the tiny sticks of meat simply fail. Something about the cultural difference makes yakitori, yakiniku and such a very hard sell in the States.

Oddly, same with tempura, growing up, San Francisco and Los Angeles both had several tempura bars, where you could get cooked to order tempura, piping hot. No longer happens here.

I will. So far the response has been very positive (I've been smoking for friends and neighbors for years) but it will be interesting to see how it goes over when people have to actually pay for it! Obviously BBQ is already very popular here with yakiniku, yakitori, and all of the river and park picnics that people have, but this will definitely be something a little different.

would you try offering grilled/smoked chicken skin or will you keep it as american as possible?

Back